Twenty

Raven POV

"Devoted to the miracle… Devoted to the miracle…" I hear Luna chant over and over again.

"I've strained the air brakes. I've adjusted the grid fins. I reversed the thrusters. Damn it, what am I missing?" I curse to myself outloud, while Luna drones on in the background.

"Devoted to the miracle…"

"Ok." I say shooting the dark haired blonde a look. "Meditating isn't gonna help me land this stupid ship."

Luna said meditating would help, to clear your mind to see the possible answers I was possibly over thinking. But no matter what I did I couldn't just tune everything out, couldn't quiet my thoughts.

"No, but it might keep your brain from blowing up." John calls out stoically

"Great. He's back." Knew it was a matter of time before he was back to his sarcastic self.

Abby and Jackson both said I needed to take it easy, shouldn't be over using my brain, but how could I not. I had the knowledge, the technology. I could figure this out.. I had to.

"Ok. Ok, ok, just think, Raven." I say to myself, closing my eyes and taking in some deep breaths. "Ok, just think." I open my eyes and go over everything I already know.

"To land this ship in one piece, calculating the re-entry trajectory has to be perfect, deploying the thrusters has to be perfect, the burn rate has to be perfect."

I couldn't afford to make any mistakes.

"Perfect. Maybe perfect is your problem." Murphy says, causing my gaze to return back to his. "What?" He questions at the look I send his way. "Perfect sucks. Who cares about perfect as long as you and Abby walk away with the magic potion, right?"

I shake my head. "A controlled crash is still a crash."

"Swim away."

Swim away.. the miracle of the sea..

Oh shit! That's it!

"A controlled crash into the water! Luna, that's brilliant." I cry out throwing my arms around her

"Sorry, Luna?" Murphy questions offended as if this was his whole idea.

Ignoring him I jump right back into the simulator, trying to excute the new plan.

"Damn it." I yell out. "The computer won't let me execute a controlled crash."

"So screw the computer, Raven." Murphy calls back. "Fly it yourself."

"Switching to manual. Murphy! Thanks."

                    Third Person POV

"We have to get to them before they get to Polis with that fuel." Roan says looking out the window for the other truck. "They'll use it to make bombs. They'll kill everyone"

"You mean they'll use it to kill Ice Nation." Bellamy corrects, before letting out a scoff. "All you care about is your own people."

"Like you're any different." Asher thinks to himself, as Roan says the words outloud. The Skairku would do anything to save themselves. And with the end coming near, it was now every clan for itself, the coalition falling to bits.

"Wait." Roan calls out snapping Asher from his inner throughts.

Pushing away from the back he leans forward once more starting out the windshield.