Seventy-five

Kayleigh POV

A picture painted with words, wearing rose colored glasses. He thought Octavia became a monster- the devil. That she made these choices alone. He couldn't or wouldn't see someone else was pulling her strings.

Another puppet in the game of survival

It was someone else who pushed her that far, Octavia wouldn't have done it otherwise. She wouldn't pull the trigger when Ilian was on his knees.

Not even for me.

I felt my fingers twitch, as he recited his version of truth of the past. They itched wanting to reach out, and rip his tongue from his mouth.

The shadows that overtook her once beautiful hazel eyes..

"How did you allow a paler version of me to be created?"

Because they thought she could be controlled, where I couldn't. I was too uncontrollable-too damaged. They thought they could keep her reigned in.

What they didn't understand- couldn't understand- you can't carve pieces of your soul out, and expect to still remain human.

Her hands were stained with blood while theirs stayed clean.

"You people never learn." I spit out once he finishes his tale.

The definition of insanity is to repeat the same thing over and over expecting different results.

"Kayleigh," Raven calls out reentering the cave, "Echo made contact with Bellamy but there's a problem."

There always is...

"What is it?" I question looking away from Kane for the first time when Raven remains quiet.

"Harper has Persephonie- but no one can find Asher or Apollo."

"What?"

"Asher's..

I didn't hear anything else she said after that.

I couldn't.

He separated them..

Why?

They were safest with him.

It's why I made sure he would be the only one able to find them.
Bell couldn't be trusted-no one could- not during a time like this.

Harper has Persephonie.

Asher-Apollo..

They're marching into battle...

I left them to be in his care and he's bringing them to danger....

"Kayleigh."

"He is Trikova!" A voice snaps inside my head. "His place is by your side."

I could feel my body shaking with undiluted rage.

"He was to do as I commanded!" I wanted to rage. "Keep my children safe!"

The words burned in my throat, but I kept silent.

"He's doing just duty.." Another voice hissed. "Now do yours."

My duty.

I'm their mother! I'm suppose to protect them! Keep them safe!

"You are now the mother to 814." Another rasps out. "For they are our children."

"Kayleigh, it's not too late-

"Keep talking Kane, and I will crave out your tongue."

The words flew from my lips but they weren't mine- it wasn't me.
I couldn't think to much on that though- not when there was still too many speaking. Their voices and the voices from the flame.