Sixty-nine

Third Person POV
                  *The Bunker*

At first, Asher says nothing, just continues to stalk an invisible line in front of his cage. His eyes never losing their predatory gaze, his nostrils flare with every breath he takes.

"Who?" He growls out angering.

"You heard the call." Octavia states, standing just inside the door way. "All the way down here."

Yes he'd heard the call, but it was more than that. He felt it deep inside his bones, the bellow of the horn vibrating in his ears.

"Where is.. she."

"She took the flame..." Octavia says instead of answering his question, rolling her head to the side.

Her eyes narrowed, in thought watching the was his muscles rippled and coiled under his skin.

"Gone." That one word echoed between them for a moment or two before she lets out a deep sigh. "I let her go." She says while Asher bristled and growled.

"They should be in the valley by now.." Octavia adds in, back leaned against the wall her eyes looking up to the dark ceiling.

"They...?"

"Kayleigh, Madi.. Clarke..." She says pushing herself off from the wall she leaned against.

"Let me out!" He roars, hands tightening on the bars. The sound vibrating throughout the room loudly.

"She took the flame." His mind growled while the base animal inside him raged to be let out. "And now she is without her anchor."

She needed him and as much as he hated to admit it, she needed the flame keeper as well. Him to anchor her through the darkness, and the flame keeper to help guide her through the spiritual realms.

Having neither to help her navigate through, she could be lost- taking them all down with her.

"The kids are gone." Octavia speaks out again, causing Asher to blink coming out of his thoughts.

"Kayleigh hid them.. Hiding was something she was good at.. disappearing without a trace.." she says stopping a few feet shy of the cell just as Asher squeezes a meaty arm through the bars. "No one can find them.. thanks to you." she adds arching a brow.

She watched him struggle against the bars, his hand straining to reach her.
A hand that could do so much damage without thought- without regret. His strength, his size, his ability to not react to pain.

He was the perfect.
The ultimate solider.

Miller was correct- he'd only serve as an executioner in the arena.
Even though Bellamy betrayed her- she wasn't ready to have him die. And for how little control Asher seemed to be having, more lives would be taken before he made it to the arena.

"More soldiers I can't afford to loose." She thinks to herself, eyeing the man critically.

She couldn't put him in the arena, but couldn't afford to have him out of this cell just until the fight was over.

"He'd find the kids, then head straight to Kayleigh."

Whatever feelings of resentment, and anger she felt towards Kayleigh, just like Bell, she didn't want anything to happen to her nephew and niece.

"Two birds, one stone."

Not only would she remind her people what it was meant to be Wonkru, she'd have the Shadow as well.