Sixty-two

Third Person POV

"You're wasting you time and energy." Octavia calls out after a few moments of watching the savaged man try to break free from his cage. "Reenforced steel, some of the strongest ever made." She says coming fully into the room, looking as if she were admiring the bars itself. "That's what I was told, but I guess it's true," Octavia says meeting his glacial stare, with one of her own, her gaze slowly drifting away from his to study the rest of him, "it still holds you."

"Where.. Is.. She..." Ashers words came out as a slow growl, almost as if he were having trouble pronouncing the words.

Once upon a time, to see him in such a state -looking more beast than man- would put a spike of fear through her heart, but that was the case no longer. She wasn't here to speak with the man, she wanted the beast.

"How badly do you want to get out?" She asks and the man growls some more.

Hands wrapped around the bars to his cell, he lets out a mighty roar, the veins through this body pulse, and bulge to no avail.

"Some things never change, do they." Octavia deadpans after a while when she notices his hands began to bleed, remembering w time long ago when he tried and failed to get back to Kayleigh. Only difference now, was that he was at full strength and not racked with a fever.

"She stands with me now." Octavia says after a time, and Asher silently stalks around the inside of his cell. "Where she should've been all along." She says pausing briefly, eyes flickering over to the giant man, who doesn't take his eyes off her. "You can have a place among us too, Asher..."

He stares at her now unmoving unblinking, half in shadows half in light. She couldn't tell what he was thinking- to her knowledge no one ever could. A predator watching it's prey.

"We march for war in a matter of days." She presses, "A war Kayleigh will be helping me fight.. We swore to Lexa to always keep her safe. " She says pausing letting the weight of what she was saying sink through. "Wonkru, Asher. Join us, and keep our blood sworn oath."

Silence filled between them soon ends as an animalistic sound fills the void in between.

"Octavia kom Trikru is dead." He says as he stands before the bars, hands wrapped around them once more. "She died the day my brother, Lincoln, was put to the ground."

Octavia kept her face blank but could stop the sharp inhale, as her blood began to boil.

"He was right." She thinks to herself looking him over with a more critical eye, not even bothering to hide the fact she was openly assessing him.

Octavia died a long time ago, it was Blodreina who survived. Blodreina who did what Octavia was to weak to do. It was the Red Queen who assessed him now.

He seemed taller than what she remembered, of course he was always taller then most men she knew, but having him stand before her now he seemed more.

His body was still built- somehow he managed to keep his hulking muscles, despite the algae diet in space. Veins still bulging, eyes had turned an unnatural shade of light blue. She couldn't deny the allure of having one such as him on her side. That with him the tides of not only the war would change, but as long as he stood against her...

"Careful, Asher, I'm offering you your freedom, your life."

"You came to me because you are now finding yourself surrounded by enemies.. The one you should trust, you've deemed your biggest threat.. Your lust for power will be your downfall."  He says calmly, and something flickers in his eyes, like a shadow. Just like that he once again tried and fails to break the steel bars. "If something happens to her or the young ones...." He snarls as the veins in his neck bulges under the strain.