Sixty-five

Third Person POV

Clarke heard the sound of the horn blowing and knew the ascension was about to begin. Moments later a loud buzzing could be heard and the door opened.

"How could you do this?" She asks from her seat on the floor, when she sees the guard open the door, and Niylah barge in.

"You swore you me Madi would never ascend." Niylah snaps back at her furious.

"Thank god." Clarke breaths out realizing there was still time. "We have to stop it. Please."

"You're not behind this." She replies after a few moments slowly realizing she was wrong.

"No. It's Indra and Bellamy. They poisoned Octavia, and now they want to replace her. Kayleigh won't do it- they're going to use Madi.

At this news Niylah turns around back to the door, ignoring Clarke calling her name as she pounds on the door.

"Guard, I'm done here."

"Niylah please. I know that you're loyal to Octavia, but we both want the same thing." She calls out desperately. "To stop the ascension."

The door opens revealing the guard. Clarke watches panicked as Niylah walk past only to have hope bloom when she attacks him instead, rendering him unconscious. Taking the keys from his body, she moves to uncut Clarke.

"He's one of Indras." She says as Clarke whispers thank you.

"Don't make me regret this." Niylah calls out to Clarke back as she hurriedly moves over the body grabbing ahold of the mans gun.

"Where are they?"

******

By the time Niylah brought Clarke to where Madi was, all the true believers were there waiting outside. The other problem, every single one of them had guns. Knowing she'd never make it inside, she went to find the biggest threat here to her child.

Kicking open the door she barges into Octavia's room, to see the woman not only conscious, but sitting up on her own.

"Clarke, what are you doing here?" Indra questions before regaining her composure and ordering her to get out.

Octavia watches her with a slight smirk standing up just as Clarke raises the gun and aims is at her.

"She's here to kill me." She deadpans

"I can't let anything happen to Madi."

"I am surprised." Octavia says slowly limping off the bed. Her strength slowly returning. "Clarke I knew would've thought this through. You kill me, Kayleigh or one of my people kills you, Madi still ascends. They come after her. It's a lose-lose... or we can both win."

"What is this nonsense?" Indra snarls out eyes darting between the two.

"What are you talking about?

"The only person who wants Madi to be commander less than me, is you."

                          ******

"If you take one more step towards her," Kayleigh says darkly striding into the tent, "I'll keep you alive long enough to feed you your own intestines."

"Kayleigh-

"Kikheda-

"No." The word comes out harsh and uneven growl. "She's not doing this."

"Kayleigh, to save Clarke- everybody." Madi says pleading with her to understand. "I have to ascend."

"No, you're not." Kayleigh says once more, her black eyes honed in on the child before her, before flickering away to Gaia.