Fourty-seven

Third Person POV

Bellamy watched Kayleigh in silence as she looked on into the room filled with prisoners sleeping in cryro. Her finger tips running over the blades strapped to her thighs, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't worried. Everything in the bridge had happened fast, there wasn't time to think-only react.

"Not too long ago, I'd have thought this was magic." Echo says

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Monty pops out with. "Arthur C.Clarke."

"How long can they live like this?" Kayleigh asks speaking for the first time.

"Technically? Forever."

"Or we can kill them all right now." Asher says coming in from behind. His eyes narrow on Kayleigh, seeing a few traces of blood on her clothing-none of which hers, before moving around to Raven's side. "What happened to you?" He grunts

"Where's Apollo and Persephonie?" She questions instead.

"Safe."

Kayleigh stared at him for a moment before nodding. She knew Asher wouldn't leave them alone otherwise.

"One of them woke up." She dead pans, the brown in her eyes swirling with black.

"Question is how?" Raven says leaning back into her giant.

"No, the question is what the hell are we waiting for?" John questions looking at the others. "I'm serious, OK. We're all gassed up. Let's pull the plug on this sleeping army and go home."

"That's not an option." Bellamy calls out. "Kill theirs, they kill ours."

"One of them already tried to kill us." Kayleigh hissed

"Raven?"

"The pods are all jacked into the mainframe." She says looking over to what appeared to be the controls for the cryro-chamber. "I'm guessing they activated this one remotely from the ground, probably in response to us tripping their alarm."

"When he doesn't check in, they'll wake more of them." John replies while Kayleigh and Asher appear to be having a silent conversation.

"I'd say that's a good bet." Raven says a little worried.

"Ergo, my "get the hell out of here" plan."

"Bellamy, you know what happens when these guys get to the ground." Echo says next. "Murphy's not wrong."

"This is an army." Asher says gruffly

Kayleigh saw the indecision in Bellamys face, knew he was weighing the pros and cons inside his head.

"Bell, it took three of us to take out one of them." She reminds him. "Just to take out one of them.."

"Giving them reinforcements when we can stop it is a strategic mistake." Echo adds in knowing where Kayleigh and Asher we're going with this.

"We've been off the ring for less than a day, and we're already talking about murdering hundreds of people."

"He tried to kill us first." Kayleigh snarls moving in closer to him. "This is not murder.. It's survival."

"If Clarke was here," John starts, "this wouldn't even be -

"Clarke's not here!" Bellamy yelled

"Exactly. She died so we could live, Bellamy. This is how we do that."

"Maybe not."

"What do you mean?" Kayleigh asks not knowing where he was going with this

"We can leave them here like this, but block the signal from the ground so they can't wake them up."