Ten

Third Person POV
                           **Arkadia**

Turns out, Raven was right after all. What little hope they had in saving the child, rapidly disappeared. A few hours had passed and with each passing moment she went from bad to worse. Luna although weak herself had moved onto the girls bed, cradling the child in her arms, as she gasped and wheezed for breath, while Luna gently swayed back and forth, speaking to her softly in trig.
Asher watched from the corner of the toom, his massive arms folded across his chest and he silently watched the fight slowly fade from the girls body.

"Hey, hey, hey." He hears as his eyes jerk up to see a pissed off Raven enter the room, only to be blocked by John. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Now is not a really good time." John says softly not letting her move past him.

"Once a cockroach, always a cockroach, huh?" Raven says snidely

"Seriously, Raven, not now." He says shaking his head, moving slightly to the side so she could see what was happening in the room

"Oh..." she breaths out, feeling the biting sting of sadness as she watches the girl slowly die in Luna's arms.

Before she could say anything though, Abby appeared in front of her, all but slamming the bottle of pills into her hands.

"We only wasted one dose." She says sharply looking away from Raven.

Adria wheezes again, before she beams to gurgle, the death rattle honing in, and just like that she was gone. Holding onto the girl tighter, Luna let's out a pain filled cry, pressing a kiss to the girls head. before sobbing uncontrollably.

"Perhaps this was fates way of punishing me," Luna thought to herself, as heart breaking sobs wrenched from her throat. "for choosing a different path than the one laid out for me."

Not being able to stand listening to the painfully cries, Raven quietly turns away with the bottle of pills in her hand, heading back to engineering where she kept the rest of it locked up. No one bothered to stop her and she couldn't say she wasn't surprised. She made a choice not just for herself, but for everyone else as well.

"It was the right choice." She mutters to herself, despite the sadness that welled up inside her for the little girl.

"That doesn't sound convincing, little bird." A voice calls out from behind her causing her to jump in place.

"Damn it, Asher!" She says glaring at the man. "I swear I'm going to find a bell and tie it to you, if you keep this shit up."

He stares impassively at her, watching as she limps over to the cabinet, placing the bottle where it sat once before.

"You think I'm in the wrong too?" She questions when he remins silent. "For not giving Abby the medicine?"

"It doesn't matter what I think.. Dwelling on it won't change the outcome."

But what if the outcome was different? What if by some miracle the pill had worked and Adria lived?

Her shoulder visibly dropped at the thought, as she takes in a deep breath. Choosing who lived and who died wasn't something she wanted to be apart of. She wasn't a leader, didn't want the role Clarke had assumed. But if Clarke didn't make that list, and soon, Raven had an inkling that choice would have to fall to her.

"We're not going to have enough time." She says outloud looking up to the ceiling. "More people are going to die."

                **Cadogan Bunker**