Thirteen

Kayleigh POV

Weak
Pathetic
Take your freedom while you can.

Gently stroking his side, my fingers twine in his mane as I subtly look around us. The gate was firmly shut, guards spread out amongst it. All armed with guns. Some I recognized, others I didn't. None that would open the gate, not for me.

I wouldn't be able to get away, not right now when my leg threatened to lock up at any moment.

I would only get one shot of making this work, of getting out of here. And I wouldn't be able to do it on my own.

There's no one here who would help you.

No, but there was one person who would never keep me captive, who would break me from this cage.

"I need you to do something for me, my friend." I say gently, as Obsidian lifts his head, coal black eyes boring into mine. "Find Tavia, bring her to me." I command. "She's the only one now who can set me free." His ears twitch forward, letting me know he was listening and alert, stomping his foot in the process. "They won't let me out, but they will let her in.. Bring her back, and together, we will leave all of this behind... Now go."

He watches me for a moment longer before his head bows down and he's off. Turning I watch as the Arkers quickly move put of his way as he begins galloping towards the gate. The guard must be used to his antics by now because, the gate swiftly opens without Obsidian ever stopping, only to close just as quickly behind him.

He won't fail me.

"Ha!" Jasper snorts out a laugh, quickly gaining my attention again. "Look!" He says pointing to the lake. Out in the center is a man made raft, with Jaha laying ontop of it

"He's awake!" Jasper shouts happily. "Hey, Jaha, it looks like you got floated."

A crowd forms from behind us, all looking on, hooting and applauding, Jaspers work as Jaha takes the oar and brings paddling back to shore. But I don't laugh, nor do I smile.

"Heh." Jaha snorts once back on land. "Keeping yourself busy, Mr. Jordan."

"Oh, I'm living it up, every last day." Jas says seriously.

"Miss Thompson," Jaha says nodding, his dark brown eyes staring intently at me. "Enjoying yourself this morning?"

I keep my expression blank, void of anything, even as I fight the desire to maim him. He was another type of monster. This man was one of the many behind my hell. I could almost forgive him for unleashing ALIE onto the world, she took everything away, even though it was a beautiful lie. But it was his other crimes I couldn't, wouldn't forgive or forget.

He killed my father, and left me to rot away in a cell. A cell where his men took from me over and over again.

You could do it now.

The others are too far away, they wont be quick enough to stop you from striking.

Blood must have blood

Life for a life.

They took yours, now take his.

"Do I want to know how you managed to do this without waking me up?" I vaguely here him question even as I know contemplate which organ I would remove first. Which would cause him the greatest pain.

"Oh, probably not, but the effects are harmless, I promise, kind of." Jasper says still smiling even as he grabs hold of my hand

Did he know what I was thinking? Had I made a move without realizing?