Fourty-six

Third Person POV

"I need you both to listen, really listen to what I'm about to say to you." Kayleigh says kneeling down on the floor in front of her children.

She didn't things would be happening like this. In the end a decision was made. With what fuel they already had they would make their way over to the ship. Off into the unknown.

"Once we dock on the ship, I want you to stay near me at all times,no wandering off either of you." She says sternly giving them each a pointed look. "If you're not with me then you stay with your father or Asher." She paused for a moment making sure her words were sinking in. "Most important thing I need you to remember. If I tell you to find a place to hide, do it. Keep your sister with you at all times, and don't make a sound." She takes a deep breath, steeling her resolve for what needed to be said next. "No matter what you see, or hear, even if you're scared, don't make a sound, and don't come out. One of us will find you.. Do you understand?"

"Yes mom." Apollo answers followed by Persephonie's "yes momma."

"Good." She says trying to give them a smile but failing, as she stands. "Go pack your things."

Apollo looked like he wanted today more, but thought better of it, instead staying quiet leading his sister from the room.

Once out of sight, Kayleigh took in a deep breath, moving towards the closet. Standing on the tips of her toes, she reached for the box sitting on the top shelf. Bringing the box down, she set it on top of the bed, hands already removing the lid.

Bellamy watched as she pulled out the leg sheaths along with the six daggers. Her hands lovingly stroking over the black metal.
Touching them gave her a feeling of coming home, and that both terrified, and elated her.

Bellamy didn't say a word, coming to stand behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." He says and her hands still on the blades.

"You were worried about Tavia," she says blowing out a puff of air.

"Didn't give me the right to be an asshole towards you."

"You hurt the one's you love the most." Kayleigh thought to herself, biting at her bottom lip.

"Are you sure this is the right choice?" She whispers instead. "We're going into this blind, Bell. We have no idea what's on the ship.. The kids.."

"Hey, hey." He says gently, turning her around in his arm, when she didn't put up a fight. "The kids are safest with us. We're as prepared as we're going to be." Cupping the side of her jaw he tilts her face up to his. "Whatever happened, we'll face it together."

Kayleigh knew he was speaking in more than just the next few moments, but all the things that went with going back to Earth.

He says leaning down pressing a kiss to her lips. "I love you."

                          ******

"Remember, radio me when John gets to the hangar bay so I can go get my-" but Cammies words were cut off when John tossed down a pack beside her.

"Saved you the trouble." He says with a shrug, moving off to the side

"Thanks." Raven calls out to him as she finishes preparations.

"I'll start the preflight check." She says trying to ignore the man staring at her

"Well, you blew a good thing." Raven tossed out to Murphy