Thirty-two

Bellamy POV

I wasn't expecting her to put up a fight about coming into the bunker. Just like I wasn't expecting her to open up as much as she did, about what was going through her mind. The what ifs that could happen during the next 5 years until the ground was survivable again.

Her fears were valid, even I couldn't tell her they weren't. She was afraid of what she could do, afraid of loosing the battle against her own mind, afraid that I wouldn't want her anymore. The last couldn't be further from the truth.

She clutched to my hand tightly as I helped her down in the bunker, Asher following closely behind. Her eyes were wide, taking everything in. I watched as her eyes darted around, the way her breath hitched, knew a panic attack wouldn't be far behind. There were too many people around, too much going on. Asher knew it too, maneuvering himself ahead of us, shoving those too slow to move out of his path, to get Kayleigh to a less crowded area.

"Breathe, sweetheart." I tell her, keeping my arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her with us.

I told her we would figure this out, and we would. I had no plan, there fucking wasn't one, other than keeping her with me-with us. That was the only thing that mattered now. Once everything was settled, I would speak with Abby, see what we could do to help her. I knew from speaking with her before that there was no going back with Kayleigh.

There wasn't a pill she could give her, a drug she could take that would fix whatever was going on inside her mind. The only things we could do was get her to speak about the things she hears and sees. Talk about the things that were done to her, things she in turn had done, and give her the tools she needed to be able to cope, and maybe one day even heal. As much as I wanted to know, I didn't at the same time. Knew that when the time came to hear her story, to know everything, I would have to be ready to listen. To stay strong for her. For as long as we've been together there was still so much I didn't know, so much she kept away from me. As close as her and my sister were, I don't even think O knew everything.

Blinking away my thoughts I noticed Asher had managed to lead us over to a more secluded area, there was still people around, but not as many as there was in the main area. This was the best we could do, while we waited for O.

"Sit down, sweetheart." I say, leading her to an empty seat. She sits slowly, on hand still holding tightly to mine, while the other rubbed at the bottom of her rounded stomach. The strain evident on face, her eyes clouding over. "You okay? The baby? Do you need me to get Abby?"

"He's fine." She rasps out, but I can see how uncomfortable she is. "Where's Tavia?" She questions looking back to me.

"She's with Kane and the others, figuring out how this is going to work."

"More talking " Asher grits out, agitation came off of him in waves, and I knew Kayleigh's state was affecting him, as much as it was me.

The difference was, I was hiding it alot better, than he was.

"Asher, you're not helping."

"Neither are your people." He snaps back, and when I look around I see it's not only the grounders that keep looking our way.

"Asher... Where are my blades?"

"Sweetheart-

"I need my blades.." she says her eyes darting around, but not focusing on anyone one person.

"Kayleigh." I say kneeling down in front of her, trying to catch her attention.

"This-this isn't.."