Eighteen

Kayleigh POV

The words had no sooner left my mouth, a roaring sound, louder than thunder could be heard. The sky had darkened with smoke and flames. I stared at it in awe and  wonder, before confusion set in. Why was I seeing this again?

"Natbilda."

The explosion on the bridge. The one caused by the bomb Raven had planted before Finn brought her back sick.

"Natbilda!"

Looking away from the sky I turn my attention to Asher.. but this wasn't right either. Asher wasn't there that day. I..no. No he wasn't there.

The Ark. It came from the Ark.

"Tavia!"

I don't recall moving at all. One moment I was looking at Asher and the next I was racing back to the one place I said I wouldn't return. My leg was throbbing now, and I could feel the sting of scratches on my face and arms from tree limbs we passed as I urged Helios to go faster. It was different riding him compared to Obsidian. Obsidian who knew me as well as I did him, with Helios though, it was a struggle.

I needed to get to Tavia. I needed my sister, needed her safe. That was what mattered now.

The closer to camp I got, the worse the smell became. Smoke mixed with something else and soon, screams and cries could be heard. The gates were wide open, well the parts of it that wasn't damaged, and destroyed. There was more chaos and panic now than there was when I had left. People crying, shouting out names as they looked for their loved ones. Confusion as to what happened.

"Tavia!" I shout out still mounted on Helios as he charged within, only to rear back sharply. If I wasn't holding onto him as tightly as I was, I would've been laying on the the ground.

My heart beat faster inside my chest, their thick with smoke making it harder to breathe. Helios, who was normally even tempered, was anything but in this moment. I couldn't calm him, I couldn't calm myself, nor could I safely dismount him, and look for Tavia.

"Tavia!" I scream again.

"Kayleigh!"

Bellamy?

Turning around in the saddle I see him quickly approaching me.

"Bell?" Why were there fresh cuts on him. "Where's Tavia? Where-

"She's fine, she's alright." He says briskly, pulling me off the horse.

As soon as my feet touch the ground, fire ignites from my hip trailing downward, and I grip him tighter to keep from falling.

"Where the fuck were you?"

"I-

"Was with me." A voice calls out thickly."

Turning to look behind me I watch as Asher pulls the mare to a subtle halt, dismounting from her before she came to a complete stop. His eyes flicker away from Bellamy's to mine, before looking back at Bell once more.

"She was kept safe."

Half truths. I was with Asher, he would keep me safe. The rest Bellamy didn't need to know, not now at least.

"There's blood on her."

"Not hers."

The tension was being to amp up between them once more. I would've walked away if I could, but still needed a few minutes before I could walk myself.

"Bellamy!" I hear someone shout out. Turning i see it's none other than Blondie herself.

The queen summoning her knight.
Another person I would soon be dealing with. She kept her distance, a smart move on her behalf, as Asher started stalking towards her. Letting go of Bell, I reach out, touching his arm, stilling his movements.