Seventy-four

Third Person POV
                   *** Caves ***

"Son of a bitch." Diyoza finally speaks after listening to what the spy had reported back. "He's using my playbook." She says and continues when Kayleigh arches a brow.

"Two gunner positions at each entry point." She explains. "My battle plan called for the use of Eligius blast shelters. I dropped my notebook at the gas station." She says running a hand over her head. "McCreary must have found it."

"How detailed?" Echo questions needing to know exactly what they were up against.

"Deployment formations. Weapons distributions. First strike options. Countermoves." Diyoza rattles off. "Everything I could think of. And I think of everything."

Kayleigh's face remained free of expression, but on the inside she couldn't help but be slightly impressed.

"OK. So, is there a safe way to get in or not?" John questions from his side of the cave, hand loosely holding the gun freely given to him.

"We're gonna take heavy fire," Echo answers already having found a way, "but as long as we stay together, we can still do this." She says looking towards her new Commander- only Kayleigh's focus never shifted from Diyoza's. "Heda.."

Kayleigh slightly tilts her head, but otherwise gives Echo no indication of listening.

"You still haven't answered me, Kane.." Kayleigh whispers softly, her eyes flickering his way.

The whisper seemed to echo off the cave walls- eerily making it seem as if more than one voice spoke.

"Kayleigh," John calls out firmly- ignoring them way Cammies hand tighten around his wrists, "We don't have time-

"How did you allow a paler version of me to be created?"

                  Octavia POV
                     Flashback

I sat here in the chancellors office alone. I didn't remember coming in here, still in a daze. Head laying down the the desk, uncaring of the blood that was smearing in the metal surface.
The ex chancellors words spewing through my mind.

He gave me an ultimatum.

Deal with the grounders that we're actively seeking the blood of all Skaikru- those guilty of betraying all of us again, and those who were innocent. Make them see were were all now one- or he wouldn't reroute the power for us to open the doors- leaving everyone on this side to starve to death.

"I'm a warrior- a solider... I'm not the leader they need- I'm not her." I say my breath hitching- I still couldn't speak her name.

"You save them by not being the leader that they want- but the leader that they need."

My blood boiled the more he spoke- I was ready to run my sword through him when he spoke of killing my mother. How the moment she gave birth to me she immediately became a threat- an enemy to the Ark. But my anger wasn't just focused on him.

My brother, my protector and anchor left me behind needlessly. My sister-my soulmate- had lied to me once again.

Betrayed me.
Forgotten me and our vow.
Ogeda..

Together.

Feelings of anger, hatred, resentment and betrayal. The weight of the human race on my shoulders and it all came down to this moment.