Seventy-nine

Third Person POV
              *** Shadow Valley ***

"Abby?" Marcus calls out, turning around when he hears the doors to the gas station open.

"Abby's not here." Vinson replies revealing himself. "If I'm not mistaken she went to examine Colonel Diyoza." He says causally.

"Oh, the trigger to my collar? It was in her hand when she left." He adds when he noticed Kane's eyes flicker around

"Okay. Thank you, Vinson." He says firmly. "I'll tell her you were looking for her."

"Actually, it was you I came to see." He explains taking measured steps towards Kane.

"Alright." Marcus replies folding his arms over his chest. "How can I help you?"

"I hear the battle is going well, thanks to you, hundreds of people dead in a single day. That's quite impressive." Vinson says with a polite smile. "All my days added together, it wouldn't even come close."

"I know what I've done, and I'll struggle to live with that for the rest of my life."

"If only a conscience was a free pass and not just a voice in your head you pretend to listen to between unspeakable acts." Vinson saying pausing his steps to close his eyes for a moment taking a deep breath. "I myself am unburdened by conscience." He continues opening his eyes again.

"Well, I'm happy for you-

"From what I've heard the black eyed woman is much the same." Vinson continues speaking over Kane. "That you, yourself helped create her."

Kane stills at the mention of Kayleigh, his heart ached to his very core of his being knowing he was responsible for what she had been made into.

"No amount of atonement will ever make right what was one to her." He says thickly with an edge to his voice. "Now, if you'll excuse me," he continues bringing himself to full height. "I need to get to the bridge."

"Why not embrace the demon instead the way Abby does?" Vinson questions blocking his path from leaving. "I get her pills for her. Did she tell you that?"

"No," he says keeping the surprise out of his voice, "but she's clean now. I'm sure you're grateful that she saved your life, so if you truly care for her, you'll stop, and you'll let her heal."

"I can't do that." Vinson replies sternly

"Alright. I think you need to leave."

"Most addicts fall off the wagon in the wake of personal tragedy--" he says taking off his glasses, folding them and putting them in his pocket, "did you know that?" He questions. "The death of a loved one, for instance-

Kane moved lungeing for a knife that was on a table near by. Vinsons however was faster. Hand wrapping around the handle, he grabs ahold of Kane and begins stabbing him numerous times in the side.

But the demon inside wasn't satisfied, not with the mans moans of pain, not with the warm blood coating his hands.

It needed more.

Dragging the man over to the medical table, Vinson then hovers over Kane's body and proceeds to bite him to death. Teeth tore through flesh, as the taste of metal and copper filled his mouth. Unbeknownst to him Abby had just walked through the door- terror etched across led her face. She didn't hesitate pressing down hard on the button to the remote.

Vinsons head jerked back, tearing flesh away with him as high bolts of electricity flooded through his body. The smell of burnt skin flooded the room but Abby didn't care as she turned the voltage up higher, ignoring the mans screams as he fired to death. Tossing the remote down she runs to the tables to access Marcus's injuries.