fourty-one

Third Person POV

One more..
One more push..
One more moment..

Kayleighs entire focus was on all those one moments, the ones she has had, the ones she would never get to see.
Her body shakes uncontrollably, even as her grip in Bells hand loosened. The surge of adrenaline that coursed through her body moments before completely depleted.

"You're okay." Bellamy says pressing a kiss to Kayleighs temple. "You did good baby, I love you."

"M-my...s-son.." she whisphers out as her eyes flutter shut. "Bring him to me." She wanted to say, but lacked all energy to do so.

One time, that's all she wanted now. Wanted to hold her child for the first and last time. Wanted to hear his cry, feel his tiny chest moving against hers. Wanted all these first and last before the shadow claimed the life that's owed.

Bell turns to look, and the smile instantly drops from at the sight in front of him. A tiny dark hair child, covered in blood and other substances covering its body. The baby not moving nor crying. His mind went into a state of shock as he watchs Echo unwrap a cord that was around the child's neck. 

"Bring something to cover him with." Echo barks out. The child's neck now free of it's own cord, she flips the baby over carefully in her arms as she begins clearing out the child's nose and mouth.

It felt like hours had ticked by when it was only seconds, when the infants body jerked, and a small mewling cry came from his small parted lips
Taking the sheet from Harpers hand without looking the girls way, she wrapped the tiny body before passing him over.

"Give him to his mother." She commands sharply, seeing the awe stunned look on Bellamys face when he made no move to take the baby from her. "Let her hold him."

Licking his bottom lip nervously he reached out taking the small infant in his hands. His chest swelling with pride, ad he watched his son squirm around in his arms, soft mewings turning into angry cries.

"Hey. Hey." Bell murmers softly, uncaring of his own few tears slip free. "You're okay.. Daddy's got you.."

"Her breathing is too shallow.." The words barely sounded human,as he watched Bellamy carefully lay the baby down onto of Kayleighs chest.

"She's lost alot of blood." Echo deadpans, taking damp rags from Harper, clearing Kayleigh free of nost of the blood before stitching the girl back up.

"How-how did you know to do what you did?" Raven questions, her voice shaken after what she just witnessed.

"I'm was Queens guard."

"That doesn't explain how-

"I was a spy, and trained assassin. I learned many things." She cuts Raven off as she finishes the neat stitches Kayleigh required.

"Have her bathed, and cleaned up." She says standing up, using another damp cloth to wipe the blood off her hands.

Moving around from Kayleigh's side, Asher uses his body, blocking Echos retreat. She stands toe to toe with the giant man, her hands still moving clearing them of blood, as she stares back at him.

"Will..she live?"

Only the wailing sound of an infant, and faint murmurs from behind could be heard. Abruptly the wailings stopped, Echo tore her gaze from the man before her to glance behind.

Kayleigh, who's skin was free of blood, was still too pale, her breathing shallow, with deep dark bruising under her eyes, and a bandage where the cut on her head was. Bellamy seated close, a small smile graced his lips, even as his worried gaze, stayed on both mother and child. The baby laying on his stomach, nestling against Kayleighs chest, quietly, already knowing the sound of his mother's heartbeat.