Chapter 10

After a couple of days, it was finally the day of the festival. I stood in my bedroom getting ready. I was soon walking down stair, with a hiar tie around my wrist, getting ready to tie up my hair. 

"I'd leave your hair down." Aizawa mumbled as he walked up to me. "You never know when a villain is going to attack, you might not have time to tie your hair up, you have been training with your hair down."

"Right." I say dropping my arms and letting them rest beside me. We headed off, it was awful with all the people. 

"Go on ahead." Aizawa said before walking off, I went to the locker rooms to change into my track outfit. I met up with everyone in the room where we were supposed to meet, I walked in, seeing mostly everyone here. 

"Shouldn't you have your hair up?" Bakugo asked as he glanced at me as I walked in. 

"I have a hair tie just in case. But, I'm just going to leave my hair down for now." I say with the shrug of my shoulders. I pushed my brown hair back as I secured my shoe laces to make sure that they were tight. People were talking in groups. 

"Everyone, get your game faces on. We're entering the arena soon." Iida said opening the door, we all looked at him. I took a deep breath and rubbed my arms loosening them up a little more before stretching them.  

"How is your arm holding up?" Kirishima asked watching me from his seat. 

"Fine, Recovery Girl just said to keep them loose, it doesn't hurt, just trying to keep them loose." I stated.

"Midoriya." I heard a voice say, I glanced over and seen Todoroki walking over to him. 

"Hey, Todoroki. What's up?" Midoriya asked turning to face him. 

"From an objective standpoint. I think it's fairly clear that I'm stronger than you." The half and half teen explained. My eyes narrowed slightly. 

"Uh-- Um, yeah." Midoriya stuttered.

"However, you've got All Might in your corner, helping you out. I'm not here to pry about what's going on between you two. But know that I will beat you." 

"What's with all these declarations of war lately?" Kaminari asked as we watched the two boys.

"Yeah, what's the big deal?" Kirishima asked getting up and walking towards the two. "Why are you pickin' a fight all of a sudden?" He questioned placing a hand on Todoroki's shoulder. 

"We're not here to be each other's friends." Todoroki said shaking off Kirishima's hand. "Don't forget. This isn't team effort." Todoroki added before he walked off, I watched as he did, his mismatched eyes came in contact with my green ones as he walked away. 

"Wait a sec, Todoroki." Midoriya said. "I don't know what's going through your head or why you think you need to tell me that you'll beat me. And, yeah, of course you're better than me.In fact you probably have way more potential than anyone in the hero course. That's why you got in so easily." Midoriya said. I chewed on my lip as I watched quietly. 

"Midoriya, maybe your being a little hard on yourself and us." Kirishima said. 

"No, he's right, you guys. All the other courses, they're coming for us with everything they've got.We're all gonna have to fight to stand out."He paused for a second as Todoroki turned around to face him. "And I'll be aiming for the top, too." A small smile graced my lips. Soon enough we will be out in the arena. 

      We were called out by President Mic, I walked out with a straight face as I walked next to Bakugo. My eyes glanced around the arena, which was completely filled with people. Mic intorduced us to the crowd, they all cheered for us. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Now is not the time for stage fright. Everyone was talking around me.