Side Chapter: Nightmares Pt. 1

Katsuki had been acting weird all day, he was quiet, almost closed off, he had also been really clingy today, which was very very unusual for him. As of right now, we were in the common area with the whole group, Mina, Kirishima, Kaminari, Sero and us. Katsuki had me practically sitting on his lap and the whole group noticed it, they gave me curious glances questioning me what was going on. All I could do was shrug or shake my head not knowing what was going on myself. 

"Hey, Bakugo, do you want to come with us to play some video games?" Kirishima questioned. Katsuki's eyes slid up from the floor to him. 

"No, I'm good." He said shaking his head. I turned my head to look at him, my hand gently rubbed his, he looked down at me. "Okay, okay. I'll go. Jeez." He let go of me and got up and followed after the guys. I felt the couch dip as Mina sat in Katsuki's original spot and the rest of the girls came over to us taking their seats.  

"Is Bakugo okay?" Mina questioned. 

"I don't know. He's been choosing to sleep by himself lately. Which is weird, I think his nightmares came back." I say quietly. 

"Well, wouldn't he want some kind of comfort?" She questioned farther. 

"Katsuki's different that way, we know this. He will let me know when he needs me. I don't push it because of his temper, I know he'll come to me when he's ready." I sighed quietly. "When he has nightmares, he can't control his quirk, he burns the sheets and he's afraid that he's gonna burn me instead of the sheets the next time. So when the nightmares hit, he sleeps by himself. Until they are gone, or dwindle down to where they aren't as bad and he's comfortable enough to sleep next to each other again." I heard Mina sigh. 

"I can tell it takes a tole on you too. You look more tired than normal." She rubbed my back lightly. 

"I feel bad, I want to be there, but I know he needs to come to me first." Uraraka put her head on my shoulder. "It's hard when he does this, I know he's doing it to protect me, but he shuts himself out until he can't do it anymore, but it makes it hard to sleep." 

"At least we know he cares, right?" Tsu said trying to lighten up the conversation. I gave her a small smile. 

"Now, let's stop talking about this." Mina said, we dove into a different conversation. 

        Later on that night, I lied in bed, it was late, thankfully it was the weekend so I don't have to worry about waking up early for school, I was tossing and turning, I couldn't seem the get comfortable, so I picked up my phone to watch some videos and scroll through social media. My phone vibrated, Katsuki's name popped up, I sat up quickly opening the message. 

'I need you, please.' The message said, I got up out of bed and quickly made my way to his room. I got to his room rather quickly, I stared at the door for a second before I opened it up and walked in shutting the door behind me. I turned my head to see the bedside lamp turned on, Katsuki sat in the bed, tears running down his face, I could see the sweat shinning against the dim light. I quietly walked over to him, I didn't even get the chance to actually sit on the bed before he pulled me into his lap, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist and his face buried into my chest. I removed my arms from his hold so I could wrap them around him, my hand gently ran through his hair. 

"Shhh, it's okay." I whispered quietly. His tears soaked through my nightshirt, his shoulders shook. I knew he would tell me what happened when he was ready, so I didn't push the topic.

"Can you sing the song?" I heard him ask quietly. 

"Yes, of course." We shifted, so I sat against his headboard, his head rested against my stomach with his arms hugging my torso, my fingers combed through his hair gently. I took a deep breath and began singing for him.