Chapter 30

The next morning, I got up and got ready for the day. I ate breakfast, showered, did everything I would normally do at my home home. We got to class, I took my seat behind Kirishima. 

"I believe I mentioned this already but your main focus this summer is obtaining provisional hero licenses." Aizawa said. 

"Yes, sir!" We all said to him. 

"Do not take this lightly. A hero license means that you're responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive on is very difficult. Only 50 percent of student pass the tests required for these permits each year." Aizawa said. 

"It's that hard to get a provisional license?" Mineta asked. 

"In order to prepare, today you'll concentrate on creating something new. Two ultimate moves." Aizawa said, Midnight, Cementoss, and Ectoplasm, all pro heroes came in. 

"When we say 'ultimate,' we mean a move that will ensure you win against your opponent." Ectoplasm said. 

"An action so unique to your identity that no other person can hope to copy it. Simply put, you must learn to lean in to your strengths." Cementoss added. 

"Your moves represent who you are. These days, most pro heroes have an ultimate move. This who don't are fools." Midnight added on too. 

"This may sound abstract but we;ll explain more as the day goes on. For now, change into your costumes and meet in Gym Gamma." Aizawa said. We all did as told.

      We stood in side of Gym Gamma, I had to keep adjusting my suit around my arm with the rod in it. I growled a little as I did. My costume still seemed more stiff than it was the first time I actually used it. I felt Aizawa and Midnight watching me as I continued to adjust the costume to get it to fight right.  

"Gym Gamma, also know at the Academy as the 'Training Dining Land,' or TDL." Aizawa said. 

"This facility was my idea. We can prepare unique terrains and obstacles for each student here. Here you will learn to serve up justice, hence the name." Cementoss said. 

"Please allow me a question." Iida said. "What is the advantage of having ultimate moves for our provisional exam? May we know your reasoning?" He asked.

"That's two questions. Calm down." Aizawa said. "The job of a hero is to save people from all sorts of dangers. Crime, accidents, and natural or man-made disasters. Of course the licensing exam analyzes how well you're able to deal with such things. It won't just be fighting. Your ability to gather information and make quick decisions will be judged. In addition to how well you communicate, cooperate, and lead others. Every year a new test is used to evaluate these qualities." He added on. 

"One this is especially important. If you want to be a pro hero you must be able to prevail in battle. If you're prepared, you won't have to worry. And those of you with an ultimate move will have stronger results." Midnight said. 

"Your circumstances should not dictate the results of your future battles. Learn to be consistent and you will be a great asset on the front lines." Cementoss added. 

"Your ultimate move doesn't necessarily have to be an attack. Take Iida's Reciproburst, for example. This sort of temporary boost in speed is valuable enough that it falls into the category of excellence we're looking for." Ectoplasm said. I sighed quietly. 

"For example, how Kamui Woods is able to use his Lacquered Chain Prison to capture opponents is an instant. That's exactly what we want to see." Midnight said. 

"The training camp was interrupted. But the practice you did get in to develop your Quirks was part of the process needed to create these defining abilities. Now that you're caught up, you'll be working hard to develop powerful moves of your own for the next ten days or so. This is how you will spend the remainder of your summer vacation. Prepare for intensive training." Aizawa said, as he was talking Cementoss and Ectoplasm worked on building an arena of sorts for us to use. "In addition you should think about how you can improve your costumes, especially now that you have a better understanding of your Quirks. I expect each of you to go Plus Ultra. Do you have it in you?"