Chapter 20

After the two days, we were finally able to go to the agencies. We where at the train station. Bright and early the day of. My hair hung loosely down my back. 

"Everyone has their costumes, right?" Aizawa asked as he stood in front of our class. "Remember, you don't have permission to wear them out in public yet and don't lose them or anything." Aizawa's eyes slid over to mine. We where almost late because I had lost part of my school uniform this morning. I smiled sheepishly at him rubbing the back of my head. "Make sure you mind your manners with the other heroes during your internships. Now get to it." We started to head off to our different trains. Bakugo and I got on to the same train, so he of course stood between me and another guy, my back was to him as I was on my phone scrolling threw the news. I've been seeing stuff about Iida's brother. He might not recover completely. I wish I would have caught him before he left. So I did shoot him a text. 

To Speedy:

From Kohana: Hey, I'm sorry I didn't catch you before the train, but I'm here if you need me. Just let me know. 

It was sent and read but a reply never came. I sighed quietly and went back to scrolling threw the news page. I felt Bakugo's head come to rest on my shoulder, my eyes moved and looked at him. I gave him a small smile. A few older people looked at us and smiled at us. I clicked on an article about Iida's brother, it mentioned something about not being able to use his legs. Soon the train came to a stop. We both moved to get off. Aizawa said that he felt that Best Jeanist for the time being was the best option for me, it could help me start to control my quirk with my fingers better than my arms. Then if I could I could move on to Kamui Woods. Bakugo and I walked to the agency, we where keeping it professional, not holding hands, kissing, or anything like that.

"To be perfectly frank, I don't like you very much, Bakugo." Best Jeanist said. We had just changed into our hero costumes. I had just came out of the bathroom, fiddling with my sleeve trying to adjust it to make it more comfortable. 

"Huh?" Bakugo questioned.  

"I know full well why you chose my agency. Because I'm on of the top five most popular heroes." Jeanist said. I slowly made my way up to stand by Bakugo. 

"Hey, look, you're the one who made an offer for me." Bakugo said. I lightly elbowed his side.

"Yes." Jeanist stated simply. "Recently, all my recruits have been perfect little angels, so you certainly stood out." His eyes slid to mine as he fixed his hair. "I watched the way you fought at the Sports Festival. You have a good handle on your powerful Quirk, and a decent grasp of its application as well. You're an outstanding talent. I'd say you're already good enough to take on as a sidekick. However, you do have a fatal flaw. You believe you're the best, and you display that belief without regard for how it reflects on you or your image. You have a ferocious nature." His eyes moved back over at Bakugo who stood next to me, then his eyes darted back to mine quickly, causing me to jump slightly. "Now, you on the other hand, don't. You have a good control over your Quirk when it comes to attacking, but things like protecting, blocking, you have a problem with." I hung my head slightly. "No doubt that your Quirk is powerful, you also have the ability to attack at close proximity of your opponent, which is a great skill to have for a distance attacker. You just need to learn how to control your vines, without them hurting you." 

"Don't tell me you brought me here just to give me a lecture!" Bakugo said after Jeanist stopped talking. 

"Bakugo, be nice." I say quietly, Bakugo took a step closer to Jeanist. Jeanist restrained him with the threads from his clothing.

"I have to correct people like you. It's part of my duty to society. Heroes and villains are cut from the same cloth. So your job here is to watch me. I'll show you what makes someone a hero." Jeanist said. I backed up a little.