Chapter 35

We where all seated in our classroom with Aizawa standing in front of us. My eyes looked over to Katsuki's empty seat. I sighed quietly leaning my head on my hand. 

"Okay. Starting today we'll resume our regular classes and training schedule. I know a lot has happened recently, however, you need to switch gears and focus on your school duties. We're lecturing today, but this semester you'll have even harsher training than before." Aizawa said. 

"He can't mean that right?" I heard Mina question. 

"Like to share, Ashido?" Aizawa questioned, his quirk activated. 

"His icy stare is back!" I heard Mina say. 

"Excuse me sir. May I ask a question?" Tsu asked.  "What were those things the principal  was talking about during the opening ceremonies? I've never heard the term hero work studies before." I nodded my head lifting is up from my hand to sit up straight. 

"I know right? That had me pretty confused, too." Sero said. 

"I also have concerns." Tokoyami added. 

"He said they're something the upperclassmen participate in, correct?" Momo questioned.   

"I was planning to talk more about those at a later date, but I guess telling you now is more logical. To put it simply, it's work outside of class. Like the internships you did at a pro hero agencies before. Only closer to the real thing." Aizawa said. 

"Wait, then why did we work so hard at the sports fest?!" Uraraka questioned quit loudly.

"She has a point. If we have work studies, those who weren't scouted  at the sports festival still have career paths." Iida said. 

"You gotta calm down. You're acting kinda nutso." Sato said to Uraraka who was acting a little bit crazy.

"This doesn't make sense!" She complained. 

"You'll be using your connections from the festival to secure a work study. It's basic networking. This isn't part of your normal classwork. It's discretionary for each student. That means those who weren't scouted at the sports festival will have a hard time lining one up I'm afraid. Originally, individual agencies recruited on their own. But there was lots of competition as people tried to recruit UA students. So this is how things ended up. Good enough, Ochaco?" Aizawa asked.  

"I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, sir." Uraraka sat back down in her seat. 

"Now that you have your provisional licenses, you can assist in real ways, for longer periods of time. Until now, there haven't been many first years who've received their licenses. With the increased activity of villains, we're currently exploring the idea that you can participate in work studies as well. We'll explain more about the work study positions and what that program entails at a later date, but for now... We've got other things to worry about. That's all. Sorry to keep you waiting, Mic." Mic came in and we started our normal class routine.

       After class, Mineta and Sero were picking on Katsuki. I sighed quietly and went up to my room, I changed out of my uniform and into some sweatpants and a tank top when a knock came at my door, I walked over and opened it to see Midoriya. 

"Hey, do you have any trash?" He asked. 

"Oh yeah." I turned and walked over to my trashcan beside my desk, leaving my door open. 

"Wow, your plants look great." Midoriya complimented. 

"Oh, thanks. Having a plant based quirk does come in handy keeping the plants alive." I chuckled as I walked back over to him, with the bag in hand. I looked at the garbage at his feet. "Would you like some help taking it down? It looks like you got a lot." I asked pointing at the bags.