Chapter 41

We all stood very very still, I could see Nighteye out of the corner of my eye as he moved to face the three of us. 

"You little... What's with that face? What are you trying to do?" Nighteye asked, my jaw clenched. 

"Oh, well, um...!" Midoriya's voice was almost like All Might's but strained. 

"You committed this outrage knowing that I was All Might's former sidekick?" Nighteye reached Midoriya and reached for his face. "All Might's wrinkles are not like that. In his normal face, the wrinkles around his eyes are 0.6 cm long. From Silver Age on, they were about 0.8 cm long. These days, even unlicensed merchandise specifies which 'age' it's from. Do you not even know that?" Nighteye questioned, leaning over Midoriya, looking directly into his eyes. I stared at them before looking at my feet, of course I know how Sir Nighteye's Quirk is. So, avoid looking at him directly in the eye, just in case. "This is very unpleasant." Nighteye said, his body turned towards me, as I stayed looking at the wall behind him, his eyes moved form me to Midoriya. "Please leave." Nighteye went to turn his body towards me and walk forward, his hand reached out and it brushed my shoulder lightly when he did, my eyes widened a fraction when he did, I kept my eye contact on my feet.  

"The vinegar riverbank incident. Are you not aware of that?" Midoriya questioned. 

"What are they talking about?" I mumbled quietly to Mirio, who shrugged simply. 

"A middle schooler whose Quirk could change water quality was drowning in a river, and All Might saved him. The drowning middle schooler changed the river into vinegar in his panic and that got into All Might's eyes when he jumped in to save him. This is the face he showed at the interview right after that. His smile with narrowed eyes. I chose that face here!" Midoriya said. 

"Of course I know about that. It happened before I teamed up with him. They also mentioned it on the Yomiuri TV program, A Look Back." Nighteye stated, I felt Mirio leave from behind me. 

"Yes, that one!" Midoriya said excitedly nodding his head. I looked at Nighteye's back as he was turned facing Bubble Girl who was still hooked up to the machine that was now turned off. She was looking a little burnt out. "There weren't any villains involved, and it's boring compared to his other work, so it's not really talked about on the fan sites, but I like it. I especially liked the witty response he gave after being thanked by the boy." 

"'...my skin feel ten years younger.'" Nighteye responded. Midoriya had his eyes closed with a smile. 

"That's it! I loved that 'my skin' part!" Midoriya exclaimed making me jump slightly, not expecting it.

"You.." Nighteye turned and I removed my eyes from him and to Bubble Girl behind him. "Were you testing me?" 

"Oh, no! It's just that because All Might is a teacher at our school, it's hard to speak much about him, so I got too excited and couldn't help myself." Midoriya explained. 

"The crux of that incident was the family life of the middle schooler." 

"That's right! Whether you know that or not makes a big difference in the weight of the words!" Midoriya said. I watch Mirio pass me and walk over to Bubble Girl. I slowly followed to help him get her down. Mirio unlatched one on her hands and I carefully did the other. The poor girl had tears staining her face from laughing so hard. 

"Mirio... what's with that kid..?" She questioned.

"He's one of my underclassmen, right?" Mirio stated. I slowly helped her down from the machine.

       Soon enough Midoriya and I stood in front of Nighteye, I still hadn't made eye contact with him yet. We had told him we wanted to do a work study under him. I could feel his eyes boring into my head, as I looked off at the wall directly behind him, so it made it look like I was looking at him, but I wasn't really.