Chapter 21

It's now been five days since we started our internships, I was doing well, my Quirk has improved a lot since then, only using my Quirk when instructed to during training, Best Jeanist knew he was breaking the rules, but I was on good terms with everyone, so they don't mind as much. Today we where patrolling around the city. 

"It's possible some villains were inspired by what happened in Hosu." Best Jeanist spoke from in front of us. "That means they could be feeling bolder. This may just be a patrol, but keep your guard up." 

"Yeah, yeah." Bakugo spoke from next to me. I hummed in response looking around quietly. Bakugo had his hair down how Best Jeanist liked it. 

"Here's a question for you. Patrols are mainly meant to deter villains from committing any crimes. But they also have a secondary purpose. What is it?" Best Jeanist questioned us. I went to answer but Bakugo cut me off. 

"If we see some bad guys, we can beat 'em up on the spot." Bakugo said. 

"Incorrect." Best Jeanist said.

"It's to help insure that the citizens of the town feel safe, knowing that a pro hero is walking around they feel more at ease." I say quietly. As if on cue, come teenagers thanked Best Jeanist for keeping them safe. He started waving at the group of girls as they started fawning over him. 

"Yes, that is correct. But it's also to remind people who we are. Our presence gives the public a peace of mind." Best Jeanist stated. Bakugo growls slightly, looking at me as I paid no mind to the girls. "This helps weave a tapestry of trust between the protectors and the protected." 

"I think you just like getting recognized." Bakugo stated. I sighed quietly, looking at him. Some kids recognized Bakugo from the sludge villain attack. They started to make fun of him. I felt him tense up. His hair popped up instantly. 

"What did you say?!" He yelled at the poor kids. 

"Bakugo!" I yelled at him. The kids started to cry. 

"Have you really forgotten everything I've taught you?" Best Jeanist questioned. "Talk with them like a pro." 

"Hey, isn't that the girl from the Sport Festival?" A heard a guy questioned. 

"Yeah, she's the girl with the plant Quirk." A heard a female confirm. I turned towards them and waved with a smile. I heard the kids scream and start crying. 

"Bakugo! You idiot!" I yelled at him pulling him back at the belt of his jeans. 

"Hey, don't listen to him." I say kneeling down. They all sniffled and looked at him. "He's just a hot head. But he's right, sometimes you have to come up with a plan, if you've been caught. Just keep that in mind and one day you can become a great hero yourself. And it's not polite or kind to say mean stuff about people." I say with a smile. The boys instantly stopped crying and smiled huge smiles at me. 

"Awe, look at how good she is with kids." I heard the same female as earlier say. As we continued walking down the street, we got to talk to different people, as they noticed us from the Sports Festival, or from the sludge villain attack. A group of guys noticed me almost right away. I smiled and waved being polite. Best Jeanist didn't have an issue with it, Bakugo on the other hand, did. We stopped as more people stopped Best Jeanist to get autographs, pictures and what not. So the guys came up and talked to me. 

"So, what are you doing around here?" A guy questioned.

"Oh, well I'm interning under Best Jeanist, along with my classmate." I say nodding my head at Bakugo, who stood glaring at the guys. 

"He looks so mean." All the guys said. 

"Yeah, he does. But he's a good guy once you get under that tough skin." I say.