7. Godparents?!

One weekend, Harry sat at the table watching his now 'Father' cook a light breakfast for Harry and a heartier one for himself at Spinner's End where they had spent the first few weeks getting to know each other more than anything, Severus had to put everything he thought Harry would be like his father James to the very back of his mind and tried to remember that Harry was and had been abused by his filthy muggle family.

Severus knew he had to take small steps to insure that Harry was kept unharmed by anything that had happened, he tip toed around everything that he thought would bring mad memories to the poor boy.

Harry was a shell of himself and both of them knew it, he didn't want anything but someone to keep him from harm more than anything else in the world, he wanted to be hugged tightly but at the same time he hated to be touched, he wanted to gorge himself in food but he had tried that once before and ended up throwing up all over the place, his stomach not used to that much food.

Severus had told him many times that he shouldn't have to cook all the time, only sometimes if not at all, it was his job as a father to look after his son, which truth be told they both smiled at that.

"D....dad....." whispered Harry to Severus hoping that he was heard only to have him hum a response to the child at the table.

"What......a...are..... we....we going..... to tell.......eve....ever....everyone" mumbled Harry quietly but didn't get an answer until Severus sat down placing some plain pancakes in front of Harry while he handed him the fruit as well.

"Harry we will tell them that I have become your guardian, that is all. Your name has been changed on the school registers now you are Hadrian Jameson Severus Snape, my son as of three weeks ago.

Do not fear son, everything will work out I assure you on this, but I would like to ask you another question if that is alright with you on this matter?" Harry just nodded mouth full of pancake smiling slightly.

"Ok as you know I adopted you, as well as I am a godparent...." he waited for it to click with Harry to see where this was going, to his nod Severus continued.

"Every well, I am the godparent of Draco and I would like to know if it is alright with you to have his parents, Lucius ad Narcissa, to be yours if that is alight?" Harry almost spat out the last of his pancake over the table.

"WHAT??!! they hate me, me and Draco fight all the time we cant stand being in the same room as each other!" yelled Harry after taking a drink washing down the lodged food.

"Please don't shout Harry I'm sitting right in front of you. Yes I would like Lucius and Narcissa to be your godparents, you and Draco will have to find some common ground to start a new. You both love to play Quidditch, how about going from there, perhaps it might become a friendship in the future" and Severus got up and left the table leaving Harry slightly shocked that his enemy would in fact in days would be his god brother!

updated 22/11/19