38. Dinner with the Malfoy's

It was the last night before going back to school for the new year and Harry was apprehensive as tonight was dinner with the Malfoy family... yes he had spent a year with Draco finally becoming a somewhat friend to him but he still wasn't sure of Lucius, Narcissa was fine she loved him as a second son which helped Harry out alot.

Severus had made sure that all three of them were dressed nicely and up to Malfoy standard.

Severus was dressed in a white shirt, black trousers and highly polished shoes, his hair was drawn back into a low pony tail, he had decided that his back robe was too much as he would look like he normally did at school so decided on a dark blue robes with silver lining and buttons.

Harry was dressed in a deep green shirt which matched his eyes and black trousers and again highly polished shoes, his hair was tameable thanks to the adoption many months ago, it wasn't a bird's nest, thank Merlin for that. His robes was an almost black but it was in fact a very deep forest green.

Otiz, they had managed to dress him in a red sailor suit, with white sock and black shoes, he wasn't happy... he wanted blue like his hair, his fur colour but Harry had told him very bluntly no!

They headed over to the Floo, where Harry picked up Otiz who buried his head into his neck while Harry in fact buried his face into his fathers chest... he hated Flooing at the best of times but at least it was better than the alternative.

......

They arrived at Malfoy Manor where they were welcomed by all three Malfoy's in the Floo room but when the three Snape's stepped out they noticed Otiz in Harry's arms.

"Hadrian who's that in your arms?" asked Draco as he came to greet his friend, eye brow raised in the typical Malfoy fashion.

"Draco this is Otiz don't you remember him?" asked Harry as they all followed Lucius to the living room.

"Isn't Otiz a animal hybrid of something or other?" said Draco sitting down next to Harry who still had Otiz in his arms.

"Yes but after something earlier in the summer he can change into a human. Otiz say hi to Draco".

"Dway!! Hi!" smiled the hyper little boy who was now sitting on Harry's lap.

"He's so cute" said Narcissa as they waited on some refreshments to come before they all headed for dinner.

"Hadwin me pway?" only for Severus to pull out his toy snake and the toy wolf that Harry had named Mooney.

"Ru'et" squealed Otiz as he was given them who smiled a thank you and the started playing with them on Harry's lap, he was so not moving for the time being.

"Ah refreshments at last" said Lucius as a house elf popped in with the drinks and said to them that dinner will be ready in half an hour.

"So how did he, the puff ball become human anyway? asked Draco only to have Otiz growl at him, he hated to be called names.

"Well we went out for the day and we met some people that I never wanted to see again.... even if my life depended on it".

The Malfoy's all nodded knowing who he was on about but let him continue his tale.

"We went to the Muggle zoo in London and that's where we saw them, I had left Otiz at home due to his fur colour, we didn't know he could become human.... Ouch!"

Otiz had hit him on the nose with his toy snake not meaning to "sowwy".

"Well we were in the reptile house when everything happened they started to verbally abuse me again, and I hid. They just wouldn't stop, the staff at the zoo had to step in and force them out, I think they are banned from going there... not sure.

The staff where really helpful and one member bought me these but as you can see Otiz has claimed them as his own" and he pointed to the small boy.

"We came home and Hadrian went into his room, placing a barrier around it due to his emotions, I tried to get in but it was Otiz that broke it letting us both in. I think.

I comforted him but from what I can recall Otiz noticed Hadrian's distress and so decided to transform but I'm not sure you'll have to ask Otiz about that more" said Severus to the Malfoy family.

"No Hadwin upsetted, no woom on bed for me so made human!" stated Otiz matter of factly, he then returned to play with the wolf and the snake.

"Dinner readys now Master sirs" said a house elf that was called Pippin and so the three adults and two children as well as the hybrid all headed into the kitchen.

Everyone sat down in their places Otiz even had a booster seat right next to Harry, in front of plate he had a sippy cup full of blood which made Draco cringe at the thought about this little boy would be drinking blood.

Dinner went well but Harry wasn't up to eating much food as this was too much for him to handle and way too complicated to try and figure it out what the hell he was eating.

Otiz on his plate he had a small amount of raw meat as well as a bit of cooked meat, the adults were happy eating the seared salmon with roasted potatoes in a chive and butter dressing along with a freshly picked summer Caesar salad and that was just the starter.

The main course was of course Lucius favorite meal which was a beef Wellington with onion chive mash, green beans, wine gravy and for drinks the adults had a glass of either rosé or white wine the boys had non-alcoholic wine and Otiz was happy with his blood.

Dinner was a quiet affair not much conversation going on around the table but between Lucius and Severus the topic went to Albus and how the ministry was going to deal with him as well as ho Harry felt about being within the family mind you it is only been just a year but he had become Severus' son.

Narcissa ask Harry if he was happy being with Severus and how he had gained Otiz how the rest of the school has reacted to him but it wasn't Harry that answered it was Otiz.

"School funs! Mowwy come and had go at wed hair boy and girl and fuzzy head girl, I no like them. Wed head boy mean to Hadwin! Me tack him but stop when Mowwy come, she nice" said Otiz, after that he started to play with the toys again as he had finished eating and his drink was now dry.

"Oh so Molly and Arthur knee what there youngest been up to then?" asked Lucius being drawn into the conversation after what I just said.

"Molly and Arthur sent a howler to them as you know we saw them over Christmas, made friends with most of the Weasley family he loved Molly but when Ronald and Ginerva mostly Ronald started to abuse Hadrian, Otiz went on the attack they only stop thanks to Molly and Arthur coming in.

As you know if Otiz if isn't familiar with you, he will take a while to warm up to you and if he does he will lick your hand and once he deems you a friend. He bit Hadrian and so they are the familiars to each other, well the rest of us he had licked our hands, he has deemed us as friends and so he will protect us with everything he's got morso Hadrian".

"Tev sweepy now" said Otiz rubbing his eyes and asking to be picked up by him.

"He's so cute how old is he anyway?" asked Narcissa to them as they left the table Otiz in Severus' arms who was slowly falling asleep.

"He's about six I think, but his lisp makes him sound younger than he is" said Hadrian as he sat down on the sofa in the living room again.

"Ru'et pwease" mumbled Otiz into Severus' chest making the Malfoy's all look at him wondering who he was talking about, while Harry brought over his toy snake.

"Can I hold him please, it's been so long since a child has been here that young" said Narcissa to them only for Harry to nod to her and let his father place the now out cold child in her arms.

Otiz snuggled into her embrace and was snoring softly, this made everyone coo at the small boy who was completely out cold, the nap should do him some good as he hated the Floo more than anything animal or not.

Draco and Harry had decided to play chess mind you Harry was awful at it but he was slowly getting better, he held onto his wolf for comfort but he too was slowly falling asleep.

Lucius looked at he time and when he saw that it was now ten at night thought it would be best for the Snake family to leave as tomorrow was the start of the new school year.

updated: 5/6/2020