Chapter 6

The next morning Rafaela woke up to find Kelly all alone in the living room trying to close her packed backpack.

"Need help?" She asked her friend as Kelly punched avidly her clothes inside so she was be able to close it.

"This damn thing is so full I can't close it..." Kelly complained looking up at Rafaela, who was crossed arms around her chest looking at her.

"Want to borrow mine?" Rafaela offered.

"You don't mind? I won't be able to zip it, I have been here for twenty minutes and nothing." Rafaela nodded and went back to her room to grab hers. Then she returned and handed it to Kelly.

"Is James gone?" Rafaela asked acknowledging he was no longer there.

"Yeah...he is." Kelly answered a bit too dryly while taking her clothes from her backpack and putting it in the other. "He just bailed once he woke up. He was strange as he had been lately." A sound of complaint in her tone.

"And are you ok? You don't look fine..." Rafaela state.

Kelly looked up at her. "He's been weird, distant. He was never too tender...after sex he just turns around and sleeps, like he is satisfied with it, but he stayed there with me. I guessed it was just his way you know...usually I fall asleep too right after...last night, I just pretended I was asleep and he left...now he leaves right after...he was talking to you..." Rafaela shuddered a bit hearing her friends words.

"Kelly..." She said her name stuttering a bit because she didn't know what to say.

"It's ok Rafi...I see the way he looks at you...the way he talks to you...ever since you got here it's all about you. Hell...he even talks to me about you. In the beginning, I thought he was just pleased he'd found a new friend, but now..." Kelly shook her head and there were tears in her eyes ready to fall but she cleaned it before she would show her weakness.

"You're wrong Kelly. You're imagining things...it's not like that. He talks to me about you too." Rafaela tried to change her friends mind.

Kelly smiled then. "It's ok Rafi... never mind. Well mind! I mean...remember he is my boyfriend and that I am your best friend. We've been friends since kindergarten." She said. Rafaela felt that was a warning and she had the right to do so. James was her boyfriend and she was indeed her best friend.

"I would never do something like that!" Rafaela exclaimed. "Are you crazy?"

"It's not you Rafi. I know he's not your type of guy, you would never get involved with someone like him. I have told him that many times just randomly..." Rafaela felt her heart beat fast.

"You told him that?" Rafaela asked her a bit horrified with her statement. That was not true!

"Why, would you?" Kelly asked back.

"That's not it, but how is something like that suppose to make him feel? You put things like he's not good enough, you don't say that to people! Kelly, Christ! What crossed your mind to tell him something like that? He's been wounded enough, you know his past as well as I do...God! That was fucking mean!" Rafaela felt her rage taking care. She wanted to yell at her so much that moment. What did she know?

"Why are you so worried about him?" Kelly confronted her. " You're my friend, you should worry about me. Look...you're not stupid nor blind...you know perfectly well that he's into to you. I caught him smiling all alone watching you dance last night. I don't know what to think of that. He never looked at me that way, he never laughed with me the way he laughs with you, nor has he spent so much time hearing about my stuff in college as he does with you. Now fucking tell me how is that suppose to make me feel?"