Chapter 94

They come back home the next day. When they got there, they had two armed police officers guarding the gate. It felt weird for them to have these men at their door, but it was needed.

"It's so weird to have them here." She commented as they waited for the gate to open.

"It is... but we'll get used to it." James told her.

As they parked the car, she got out and opened the back door to Ozzie, that they picked up at their mother's where they had left him while staying in the hotel and then they grabbed their suitcases off the trunk, heading to the house next.

As James put the key in the locker, she felt a cold shiver running down her spine. Her fear was huge, it was becoming immeasurable. As they stepped inside the house, she came to a halt on the hallway just staring at the stairs. How could have she broken inside their house? There were no finger prints, no nothing, just the vigilance tapes until she cut the wires. The vigilance cameras were only at the gate and once all the system had come to a shut, they didn't have any more images. That was taken care of though, James had installed cameras everywhere and alarms in the house. That's what he did next, after opening the door, to unset the alarm.

"Rafi?" He called her name as she stopped.

"I don't understand... how could she have broken inside the house? How did she know that cutting the wires of the gate she would break in the property? That doesn't sound like things she knows." Rafaela commented.

James put the suitcases on the floor and went to her, resting his hands on her shoulders and looking for her green stare. "When she had to deal with people like she did when she was consuming, she must have learned a lot of things that we don't even have any idea of. She probably had help for that. Kelly has money babe; she must have paid someone." He said.

"The tape showed only one person." Rafi argued.

"One person covered from feet to head. There was nothing to be seen. That person probably did the work and then she only had to get in. Forget that."

"What if she does it again?" Rafaela searched for his eyes.

"She won't. She knows the house is guarded now. There's officers outside 24 hours a day. We're safe." He assured her.

Rafaela took a deep breath and began to go upstairs. Seeing the state of her bedroom made her eyes water. She wanted to cry.

"Ok..." James breathe also disappointed. "We must sleep in the guest room until this is put up again." He said looking around and sinking in all the damage she had done in there.

The police had been searching for clues, obviously not cleaning, so the room was still all messed up and broken as they had left it. Rafaela began to grab the photographs of the floor first.

"At least let me catch this first." She said and James began to help her.

The photos that were damaged, they began to glue it with duct tape, they wouldn't lose such treasures. Family photos and moments that they didn't have another way to remember of but looking at them through the printed images.

Two weeks after their returning nothing happened, absolutely nothing happening. Not a phone call, not even that, and so the police announced they would leave because they couldn't justify their presence there anymore. They were left on their own once more. Another two weeks after that and everything was still quiet, no phone calls and no weird cars following them. Nothing. It was like she had vanished. Still they weren't trusting on that. For moments, they thought she had left town again, because the police began to look for her fiercely after the "attack" in the cemetery, but then, on other moments, they'd know she was just hiding somewhere waiting for the dust to come down and then she'd strike again.