Chapter 14

"So, what are you going to do tonight?" James asked Rafaela as he put his suitcases on the floor, ready to leave.

"I'm going to the club with Corinne and Rebecca." She said with sad eyes. James would be gone on tour for a month and she would miss him too much.

"You behave in the club!" He said with a smile on his lips and running a hand over her face. His heart was aching for he had to leave her. For the first time he whished he didn't have to leave, for the first time touring was not something he wanted to do. He would miss her deadly. She was his entire world. He hoped she'd see that.

"Oh..." She blurted kissing his lips. "You too...you behave!" Rafaela warned him.

For the last month they haven't done anything else but to talk about the tour. Not that James told her what used to happen on tour, he never did, he only asked her to trust him, but through Corinne she learned that touring was not a happy place for couples. There was girls all around the boys and too much booze involved to keep them away from those girls. She was afraid.

"Trust me...ok?" He kissed her lips too. "I am all yours and only yours. I promise you that." He cupped her face between his hands and rested his forehead against hers. His eyes closed. "I wouldn't do anything that could endanger us." He whispered. You mean everything to me, Rafi."

She nodded. Rafaela wanted to truly trust him or the month ahead would be hell for her. Being without him would be already hard but imagining all the time what was happening during her absence would be unbearable. She had to trust him. Trust his word. "Don't worry." She breathed.

He pulled away to look in her eyes, as if soaking her green glare one last time. "I have to go now..." His eyes saddened and she looked down at her feet. James took two fingers below her chin and pulled her face up, then he kissed her lips, taking his time on them. "I love you." He said so sure of his feelings for her. He had never been so sure of his love for a person as he was sure of his feelings for her.

"I love you too. I will be waiting for you." Rafaela shot him a faded smile. She had tears in her eyes.

"I will be counting the seconds to come back. I will think that each town done is another town closer to you." Rafaela's eyes watered more hearing his words and he pulled her to him for a warm and tight hug. Her hug was his safe place. She was home to him. "I will come back just as I left, with your smell on my skin from the love we made this morning." He reinforced.

She pulled her face away from his chest and looked up. "I will start looking for our place." He nodded satisfied.

"Yeah, do that." He smiled. "I have to go now babe." He kissed her lips one last time and then she watched him go leaning on the threshold of the door. James waved at her from the bus and she waved back and then he just disappeared of her sight, she'd only see him again in 4 weeks.

That night, as expected, the three friends went out to the club to have some fun. Rafaela was sad. The city didn't even seem the same without James around.

"Oh Rafi, you're not used to his absence yet, but with time it will get better." Corinne told her while Rafaela drove downtown. "It's never easy, but you'll get used to it."

"We have been together all the time, so it's weird not to have him here." Rafaela commented.

"I confess I miss Kirk deadly." Rebecca blurted from the backseat. "But it's like Corinne says, it's never easy, but we get used to it. Besides, after tomorrow is already a day less." She tried to look at the bright side.

"Well...at least...we're out for some fun!" Rafaela squealed and the other two cheered.

"That's it baby!" Corinne yelled. Corinne was some funny girl and they got along pretty well.