Chapter 67

She was playing with Ozzie when her cell rang that morning.

"Lars!" She almost yelled happily to talk with her friend.

"Hi there."

"How are you?" She asked him, watching Ozzie chewing the rubber chicken she had bought him.

"I'm fine, you?"

"I'm doing great." She said giggling.

"Why are you laughing?" Lars asked curious.

"I'm watching my dog fighting with this rubber chicken I bought him yesterday." Rafaela explained.

"You have a dog?"

"James bought me one." She told him.

"James?" Lars said as a questioning tone but at the same time not surprised at all. He knew he was going to fight for her.

"We have been hanging out these days."

"I see..." He breathed, though he was happy James hadn't chicken out after their conversation in the studio some days ago. "Look, I am throwing a barbecue. Do you want to come over? You can see some of the people you haven't seen in quite some time, it might be fun."

"Sure." She said without thinking twice. Not only would she see some people and friends she loved, as well as she would see James, and that was her main point.

"Be here around two." Lars instructed her. She glanced at the clock and she realized she still had more than an hour.

"I'll be there. See you later."

"So, what's the dog like?"

"He's a white Boxer. He's just two months, he's lovely."

"Don't bring him over. He's gonna chew my new couch." Rafaela began to laugh at his remark. "Write down my address, you haven't been to my new place yet. " Rafaela did so and then they hung up.

"You're gonna be left alone baby." Rafaela talked to Ozzie that licked her hands as she tried to caress him.

Then her cell rang again. At first she thought Lars had forgotten to tell her something, but as she grabbed it she saw James's name on it. Her lips opened in a wide smile.

"Hi." She answered the call.

"Hey..." He said and then they fell silent, to burst into laughter right after. "Ok... Lars called me to go to his place for some barbecue. I was thinking maybe you want to come with me?"

"He just called me to invite me." Rafaela told him.

"Oh!" James exclaimed. "Guess I see you there then."

"You can come to pick me up, if want." She suggested.

"I'll be there in half an hour." James said with no further thought.

"I'm gonna get ready then."

"See you." He said.

"See you." She said. Then none of the two hung up. Rafaela giggled. "James... hang up!"

"You also didn't hung up!" He claimed.

"Ok... at three we go. One..." She counted "... two... three..." She hung up, hoping he did too, as she just didn't hung up on his face.

Rafaela ran upstairs to have a shower and get dressed, since she was still in her pajama. Then hearing the rain still tapping on her bedroom window, she thought about how Lars wanted to have a barbecue under that weather, but then knowing him as well as she did, she knew that if someone was capable to turn an impossible to a possible, that one was Lars. She opened her wardrobe and stared at her clothes. Choosing something to wear that would impress James was getting harder, since they were seeing each other every day. Still, she grabbed her tight black jeans, a black top, a red pullover and also grabbed her high heel black boots. She knew she would look good in that, and then she just had to find something to do with her hair and makeup would help for sure.