Chapter 19

1985...

"Rafi..." James whispered sleepy in her ear. "Baby, you have to get up, you're gonna be late to work." He said as the alarm clock had beeped three times and she didn't move.

"I'm tired." She complain. "I just feel so tired..." She said. James leaned on his elbow to talk to her and noticed how she had fallen asleep instantly. He shook her softly.

"Baby...come on..." He said.

"Let me sleep." She complained whimpering.

"Get up." He shook her again. "I'll make you breakfast." With that James jumped out of bed and pulled the covers away. "Time to get up sleeping beauty." He giggled.

"My God..." She stretched and rubbed her eyes. "I don't want to get up."

"Come on." James laughed grabbing her hand to force her up.

James went to the kitchen and began to make breakfast for two, while Rafaela dragged her body to the bathroom for the morning shower. When she finished peeing she looked down at the toilet and when she cleaned herself she checked the toilet paper, it was cleaned.

"My God..." She whispered all alone in despair. Then she opened the door. "Nothing..." She talked to James who was at the stove scrambling eggs. He went to her.

"It will be alright." He told her cupping her face between his hands. "You're just too stressed baby, don't think about it."

"How am I supposed not think about it? It's been a week already." She almost cried. James pecked her.

"Look..." He sighed. "I think we need to end this agony of not being sure. We need to do the test and then go from there."

"I am scared." She cried. James pulled her to him and held her tight.

"I'm scared too baby, but don't you think we need to be sure first?"

"What are we going to do if it's true?"

"I don't know..." He pulled her away to look in her face. "I don't know what we'll do. We barely have money for us, still we need to be sure. It's not like we can go on pretending nothing is happening. This is killing me too, be sure of that."

"Maybe it's just the stress." She ended up saying and James nodded.

"You've been too tired with work and your exams and stuff. Now go shower, you need to hurry." Rafaela nodded and James pecked her before letting her go. He came back to the stove to finish their eggs. "Oh my God..." He whispered feeling anxious, nervous and a little desperate.

After the shower she joined James for breakfast and they were both rather silent. The fear of an unwanted and unexpected pregnancy was haunting them.

"I don't feel sick or anything." Rafaela commented when she was finished. Her mind refused to accept her suspicions.

"Don't hammer on that Rafi. Let's be sure first." James insisted holding her hand in support. Ever since their first suspicions, Rafaela had been really nervous and though he was too, he tried to show her how calm he was.

"I'll buy the test and we do it when you get home after the studio." She finally suggested.

James nodded feeling his heart beating franticly. What if she was really pregnant? What would they do? "I think it's the best. This is just driving me insane. I need to know. We need to know babe."

"But..." Rafaela stopped and closed her eyes feeling physical pain assaulting her due to the agony. "What if I am pregnant, what are we going to do James?" Tears assaulted her eyes. Their life was far from being easy.