Chapter 89

Weeks passed by, then months and no news from Kelly at all. Neither from the police, that was fiercely trying to locate her nor from Rob, her still husband, or James and Rafaela, who lived a bit terrified she'd try to do something to them. Somehow they sensed they were going to be attacked, and while the police thought she'd might be out of state or even out of the country, they thought she was close and maybe even watching them. They were more aware than anyone else.

Rafaela was taking care of dinner when she heard James's truck parking. She peeked at the window to see him coming out of it and then locking the doors. Ozzie went to him and held his front paws on James's waist, waiting for his caress. James did so with a wonderful smile on his lips, as Rafaela could witness. Then James crouched and grabbed one of the dog's toy and threw it far and Ozzie ran to it to catch it and brought it back to his owner, giving it back to him was another deal though. Ozzie never ever gave his toys back, so it was a bit useless to play catch with him. Only James had such patience, as he was the one to steal the toy from the dog's mouth then.

It was on one of these moments where James tried to steal the toy from Ozzie that he saw her peeking at the window. His grin turned to her and then he waved, and she waved back at him. Seeing her, made him want to go back inside the house right away, and she came to meet him when he closed the door.

"Hey!" She said with a smile. James adored to come back home and find her so happy. Rafaela was glowing and she was the most beautiful pregnant woman he had ever seen.

"Honey!" He breathed holding her tight.

It was like that every day, there was a tight hug and then a kiss on her lips, and that's what he did next. Then, after greeting his wife, he'd greet his daughter. James ran a hand over her belly.

"How's our baby girl?" He smiled sweetly at her six months pregnant belly.

"She behaved." Rafaela told him. James bent over her and kissed her round cocoon.

"You behave Ava! Don't make your mother angry." Rafaela giggled hearing his words.

"I haven't been angry!" She retorted.

"No..." James kissed her lips and smiled. "Just a bit cranky." He grinned and she tapped his arm as protesting. "It's true!" He said defending his cause.

"That is so not true!" She argued back.

"A little bit." He teased kissing her lips one more time. "By the way, I saw Tony today."

"Really?" She asked as it has been a while since she last saw him.

It had been two months already since both James and Rafaela were free of therapy, even if James was never officially doing so. Despite the process in the police and all the fuss around their son's death, Tony concluded that they were doing fine. Especially Rafaela, whom he didn't recognize as being the same girl he received in the hospital.

"Yes. When I was having lunch with Kirk. He was with his wife and his kids, they said we had to go there one of these days. Tony said before Ava is born."

Rafaela laughed. "He's right. We haven't seen him in quite a long time, and he calls to see how we are doing and even invite us to go there. You're always in the studio." She complained a little.

"I'm sorry." He said, knowing she was a bit right.

Despite being still hurting about Liam's death, their life began to take a path ever since they got back together. The marriage, the investigation and expecting their second child made them realize life really went on, it didn't matter how much they were hurting.