Chapter 57

Already dark outside and he still paced around the house trying to figure out a way out of the mess that was installed in his life. Completely innocent of what Rafaela thought he had done, things felt even more wrong and stronger inside of him. He was paying for something he didn't do and wasn't even planning of doing it. Some part of him hated her so much that moment for not believing in him and letting go so fast as easily, the other part, and the bigger part, was trying to find a way out, trying to find a way to tell her she was wrong. He didn't want to live without her in his life, nothing made sense without her. James threw himself helpless on the couch for the million time that day and ran his fingers through his hair, pulling it back. Then he grabbed his cell and dialed her number, just like the rest of the day it skipped to the mailbox. Where the hell was she? He was getting worried.

"Rafi... it's me again. Please baby, please... it's a mistake... nothing ever happened between me and that woman. I love you. I would never do anything that could hurt us or push you away. Please... let's talk. Come home." He hung up and rested against the couch clueless of what to do. He couldn't just be there and do nothing... he got up and grabbed the keys of his jeep. He had to look for her and find her. "She can't be that far..." He muttered running towards his car. He would raid every little corner of San Francisco looking for her.

While driving he began to think of places where she could be, there were only two he could come up with first, and that was her parents or Kelly's. His first option revealed to be wrong. Not only her mother was surprised to see him as she didn't know where Rafaela was, nor did she know anything about what had happened. That was even more weird. If on one hand it made sense, for that would be the first place he'd look for her, on the other hand not saying anything not even where she was going made his mind twitch. What was she up to? After explaining things to Cynthia, he drove to Kelly's, he was quite sure he'd find her there.

"James!" Kelly exclaimed as she opened the door.

"Where is she?" James asked promptly and Kelly curled an eyebrow.

"Who?" She asked him. James pushed Kelly aside and invaded her house.

"Rafi!" He yelled. Kelly shut the door and looked at him astonished.

"She's not here. I thought she was in New York with you. What are you doing here? What the hell is happening?" James gave two huge steps towards Kelly and grabbed her arm strongly.

"I know you know where she is. Someone must know where she is, if her mother doesn't know, then you're the person she had to come up to." He spoke without pause, without breathing, nothing. Kelly knew right there something serious had happened.

"Calm down!" Kelly yelled at him. "I don't have a clue of what you are talking about. Rafi is not here James; I haven't seen or spoke to her today!"

"Oh God..." He whispered rubbing his hands on his face. That sounded a lot worse than he could ever imagine. "You're not lying to me are you Kel?" He asked then.

Kelly grabbed his arm and pulled him to the living room, making him sit. "No...James, I am not lying. Now want to explain what the hell happened. Why are you here and why is she not with you? Why are you looking for her?"

"Something so fucked up happened..." He shook his head. "She called me, and some bitch picked up the call, she was in my room and Rafi is assuming I was cheating on her with this woman. She didn't go to New York, and I would have come here right yesterday but I had a gig, so I only could come here today. I saw her by a lucky move at home, she had packed everything that was hers but apparently she left something behind and went there to grab it, that's when we saw each other. She broke up with me! She gave me her keys of the house and left."