Chapter 17

The house was filled with their friends and their partners as James and Rafaela decided to have some sort of party to celebrate their new apartment. After dinner, a few beers and many packs of cigarettes, the gang decided to go off to the club for some loud music.

"I am going to change then." Rafaela said leaving the group and going to her room to change her outfit. Meanwhile James and Lars went to the balcony having another beer.

"Do you realize that you're living with a girl? It's like being a family man..." Lars commented. James stayed silent for a while. "Do you really know what you're doing?"

"I know what I am doing and what this means Lars." James said calmly.

"You really love her this much, aren't you just deluded or something? She's cute and stuff..."

"No..." James shook his head. "I love her. Rafi is just different from all the other girls. You saw me on tour man...I haven't been with anyone, I didn't let those girls touch me, all because I have her and I don't want to lose her. She's right for me, I feel things for her I never felt before. I know what I am doing. I know what this apartment means and what is bringing to my life, but I want this. I want this very much."

Lars smiled and patted his shoulder. Despite their rants, and there have been quite a few, James was like a brother to him. "If you're happy then stick with it."

"I better check on Rafi, she's taking a bit long." James said. "I'll be right back."

James entered the room and she was just putting some clothes back in the drawer but she was dressed already.

"Have you seen my wallet baby?" He asked looking for it.

"Check in the drawers."

James began to open the drawers of his nightstand and nothing, then he passed to hers. The first drawer made him forget the wallet in seconds. He grabbed the video tape in his hands and smiled. "Babe, what is this?" He asked waving the porn tape in the air.

"Oh!" Rafaela frowned.

"Are you watching porn without me?" He asked still smiling.

"No..." She said ripping the tape off his hands. "This was a surprise for later." She pouted.

"For us?" He asked.

"Yes...to watch it together when we came back from the bar. I didn't know we were going out, so my plan was to watch it when they left."

"Watch porn with you?" He asked smiling. Then he got up and grabbed her face between his hands and kissed her lips. "Love the idea babe." He whispered against her lips. He was almost dropping the night out.

"Now put it back there." She told him. "So much for the surprise." Rafaela said rather disappointed.

"It's ok." He said. "Look, here's my wallet, are you ready to go?" Rafaela nodded and they left.

Already at the bar they discussed what to drink.

"A vodka shot for each one of us." James suggested. "For Rafi's new job"

"Thank God I got that damn part-time job." She laughed loud.

"It's on the new clothes shop?" Rebecca asked her.

"Yeah, it is. The money is not much but it will help with the bills." She said proudly.

"So babe?" James called for her attention.

"Yeah...vodka is fine." She agreed. James left to the counter to ask for the shots while Rafaela remained with Corinne and Rebecca talking cheerfully.