Chapter 43

In the morning, Rafaela felt the door of her bedroom opening really slowly, so she opened her eyes to find Liam coming in, rubbing his eyes and holding his teddy bear in one hand.

"Mommy..." He called her. "I don't want to go to school." He said then.

Before answering him she read the time, it was way too soon before the time that Liam had to go to the school. "Shuuu..." She whispered. "Daddy is sleeping."

"I don't want to go to school." He said again whispering as she was, which she found too cute. Rafaela raised the blanket.

"Come here." She offered, and Liam climbed on the bed, snuggling against her body. "Why is that?"

"My belly hurts." The little boy complained.

She thought it was just an excuse, so she didn't take it seriously. "Ok, just sleep a bit more." She ran her hand over his hair and kissed his cheek tenderly, there she felt his skin a bit hot against hers. "Hey...you're a bit hot." She told him as if the boy could understand. "Stay here, mommy will be right back."

Rafaela left the bed and went to look for his thermometer in his room, then she came back and tried to read his temperature. "Humm... you're feverish sweetie." She said concerned. As it was still too soon, she put the thermometer on her nightstand and came back to bed, letting him sleep in there with her. Of course, being feverish meant he wasn't lying and of course, he wouldn't be going to school for real.

Later, she woke up while Liam complained a little that his belly was hurting again. "Stay still sweetie, mommy will be right back." She said, leaving him alone with James, who was still sleeping. He had been so tired that he hadn't waked up once since the rush in their bedroom had begun. As it was around 8 am, she called his school saying he wasn't going there that day and then she thought it was better to take him to see his doctor.

When she came back to the room, James was already awake and patting Liam's hair, who had snuggled against his father looking for cuddles. "He's hot babe." James said as she entered the room. His eyes still swollen from having his sleep disturbed. "I think he's feverish." James commented.

"I know. He came here really soon, and I took his temperature. I have to take him to the doctor." She said.

"No..." Liam cried. "I don't want to go there."

James bent down over the boy and kissed his forehead. "You have to sweetie, you're ill. The doctor will cure you."

"But I don't want to..." He whimpered again. Rafaela sat on the bed and patted his head supportively.

"The doctor is nice." She said trying to convince the boy. "He always gives you things to play."

"I don't want to." Liam insisted.

"Are you hungry sweetie? Do you want mommy to bring something for you to eat?" She offered, but Liam shook his head.

"My belly hurts mommy." He complained again whimpering.

James and Rafaela shared a look in the eye and then he got out of the bad. "Stay here." He said kissing his son, then grabbing Rafaela's hand, he pulled her to the kitchen.

"I have to take him to the hospital." She said while he raided the fridge for some food.

"Sure, will you pass by the studio after?" He asked.

"Yes, don't worry. I won't be able to look for the fence today, you know how he is when he's sick." She excused herself.

"It's ok babe, don't worry about that now." James understand, When Liam was sick he was very demanding.