Chapter 93

She locked the doors as soon as she managed to get in the car and with shaking hands she started the engine and took off. The tires slid on the road as she tried to go, making the back of the car turn left before it stabled. Tears began to run down her face, blurring her view. A hand gripped on the steering wheel while the other tried to clean her eyes. She ran her hand over it time and time again, but the tears wouldn't stop. Her eyes looked at the rear mirror for a few seconds, she wasn't being followed and still her chest was coming up and down franticly.

She heaved as she thought she wasn't able to breathe anymore and then she realized that she just wanted to sob. Rafaela knew it was safer to pull the car over and cry. Besides her tears, also the rain that began to fall, was making her drive more difficult. Despite all that she continued, she was afraid Kelly was following her and would catch her somewhere in the middle of the road while she cried. The sobs were violent, her shoulders shook, and she cried loud as if she wanted to yell. She wasn't crying because of fear, maybe a little bit, but because of her confession, she had confessed she had hurt her son on purpose and that injured more than anything in the world. Not that she didn't know that by then but hearing it made everything more horrible and hurtful.

Rafaela was feeling her whole body shaking. The cell ringing in her purse made her jump and made her heart beat faster. With a hand she managed to grab it but dropped it fast as if it burned when she saw the number was anonymous. Just like a maniac, Kelly called and called making it all more insane for an already disturbed Rafaela. Her lower belly began to hurt, she was feeling cramps to make it all worse. She knew she needed to calm down, the doctor had said so.

The pain didn't subside, and she winced while driving though she knew she wasn't far from the hotel. As she stumbled out of the car the doorman came to help her. Though he insisted to call an ambulance, she insisted she just needed to rest and was left in her suite. Rafaela climbed to the bed and tossed her body there, sobbing violently and crying at the top of her lungs. Letting all her pain and rage out. She didn't care others could hear her, she couldn't care less, that day she had the confirmation her son had been murdered and the murder had been talking to her on the phone, had been by her side all the time. As she cried she took deep breaths, expecting the pain in her belly to disappear, but it was strong and the more she worried with that too, the stronger the pain became. Her baby couldn't be born just yet, it would be too soon. She forced herself to calm down and took deep breaths whenever the pain became stronger.

The door of the suite slammed, and she heard heavy steps entering the suite, making her raise her head of her pillow.

"Rafi!" She heard James yelling; he must have been informed at the reception of her condition.

He sounded a bit in panic and worried. Dragging herself out of the bed she was able to get up but curved and with a hand holding her lower belly.

"James..." She called him sobbing and he entered the bedroom in a rampant, catching her in time as she had lost strength in her legs.

"Baby, look at you." He said concerned. "Maybe we should go to the hospital." He said.

"There's no blood and no waters broke. This will go away." She said shaking her head.

She was not sure of what she was telling him, but she was sure these things had to appear if she was in labor for real. She had been in labor once, so she knew it.

"What the hell happened for you to be like this?" James watched her with a concerned look and at the same time his hand pulled her hair back and the other cleaned the tears off her eyes.

Still, her shoulders shook, and a violent sob escaped her lips, making him pull her to him in an embrace, wrapping his arms around her strongly in silence. He let her cry, though his heart was about to jump off his mouth.