Chapter 32

Some days went by and everything seemed calm on both Rafaela and James's days, although separated by a continent and an ocean. He'd call whenever he got the chance and they'd talk for as long as they could. James was missing home tremendously, and Rafaela was missing him the same amount, but they were alright, and Metallica's tour was being a success.

One morning, while Rafaela was busy with her baby, the doorbell rang, and she saw Kelly at the gate.

"Kelly?" She spoke at the phone outside.

"Can you open the door?" Kelly asked her.

"Are you alone?" Rafaela asked unsure and a bit afraid, but her friend just started sobbing. "Kelly?" Rafaela asked watching her by the camera.

Kelly nodded and then took a deep breath. "I am alone. Let me in." She asked again. Not saying anything else, Rafaela pressed the button that would open the gate outside and then went to the porch waiting for her friend, or ex friend, or whatever they were that moment.

"I want help." Kelly blurted the second she stepped in front of Rafaela. "I also need to hear you. I can't let go unless I hear you Rafi."

Rafaela nodded and opened the door motioning her head so Kelly could go in. Liam was in the stroller staring at some stuffed animals he had hanged in there.

"He looks so much like you." Kelly said first thing approaching the baby. Though with some fear, Rafaela let Kelly feel at ease, even if her heart was racing franticly. She was not sure if she should trust her or not.

"Yeah... I think he does." Rafaela sat on the couch pulling the stroller near her in case she had to defend her child. "What help do you need?"

"I want to enter this center, you know rehab. I want out Rafi, but I don't have money to do so and my parents deny me that help so I have no one else. I need your help." Kelly explained sitting by her side.

"I won't give you money Kelly, you know that." Rafaela explained.

"You don't have to give me the money, you take me there and I check in. You can pay the bills, but I do want out. I am sure of that." Kelly began to cry again. "My life is a mess Rafi. I have no one, no one cares about me. I left college, I lost the apartment, I don't have any money..."

"If you really want to enter a center and you let me manage the money you need, then I want to help you. I said so since the beginning. I offered my help and it was genuine." Rafaela said.

"I know...that's why I came here. I miss you... I miss our friendship but what you did..." Kelly shook her head.

"You want to talk about that now?" Rafaela asked her a little incredulous.

"I need you to apologize." Kelly confessed. "I need to understand why you did it. Why him Rafi? You could have anyone you wanted, why him? He was my boyfriend and I was in love with him, you knew that. That was such a back stab, on me? Me? Your best friend?"

"I fought hard not to feel the way I did Kelly. I really did..." Rafaela told her. "But we fell in love with each other and it's hard to fight when there are strong feelings involved. I know that doesn't explain everything. He was your boyfriend so I should have stayed away, but we were always around each other. It came to a point where it was impossible to ignore it and not feel it. We tried hard not to let feelings grow or to get involved but we did and once we did it was just this snowball growing and growing. It was because of love Kelly, see? We are still together today. We have a baby, well it was an accident it's true, but we decided to have him. I am sorry. I am a million times sorry, I really am, but I love him. James is my life Kelly, we bond."