Chapter 13

After a week, though they were happy and living, though James knew Rafaela was still sad. He had heard her cry in bed almost every night and that broke his heart. Him, better than anyone knew how as it to live without parents. It broke his heart knowing what she was going through. It had been Kelly's vengeance, to tell her parents, he knew but he hated her so much for doing that. She could be hurt; she had all the right to be hurt but she could have never done that. Not when she knew exactly the huge problem it would bring to Rafaela's life.

He needed to do something, so, still remembering Kelly's schedule and while Rafaela was at college, he decided to make a visit to Kelly. He drove there expecting the best. When he got to her door, he raised his fist to knock but stopped, a little reluctant. Kelly could interpret his visit wrong and make things even worse, but he had to try. He knocked.

"What do you want?" She asked him rudely making space for him to go in.

"I came here to ask you something." He told her with his hands shoved in the back pockets of his jeans.

"I can't see what you can possibly want from me." Kelly shot sitting on the couch. James crouched in front of her.

"I need you to give me the address of Rafi's parents." He said.

Kelly cracked a laughter. "Why is she agonizing? Good..." He saw all the hate mirrored in her eyes. It even given him shivers. She was actually enjoying it.

"You don't mean that Kelly. I know you like her, you are suffering with this too." James told her trying to calm things down and achieve his goal.

"You're right I am. I am because she took my boyfriend away from me." She said looking in his eyes.

"It was not like that Kelly..." James took a deep breath. "She tried hard to stay away and I tried too...but then I pulled her strings until she could no longer resist me. Blame me, not her. I am sorry Kelly...I fell in love with her. We can't control our feelings."

"I don't want to hear that shit." Kelly looked away wounded with his words.

"Rafi is hurting...she misses her parents...please?" He asked.

"No way. Don't count on me." Kelly said firmly.

"If you love me the way you've always said you do, then please do this for me...for me Kelly..." There Kelly looked at him, her eyes flooded with tears as she heard his words. Could he love Rafaela in such way that he was begging her for something.

"You're asking me to help you to be alright with another girl..." She argued. "Do you know what that means?" Kelly said with tears in her eyes. "James..." She approached him but he pulled back to a safe distance.

"I know..." He nodded. "But that girl is your friend...don't tell me that you stopped caring about her because I won't believe it. You're hurt and you have all the right to be, but I've heard you talk about her a million times, and that type of friendship doesn't disappear like that, not because of a guy..."

"I can't believe this..." She said shaking her head. "A guy?" She retorted curling an eyebrow. "You are not just any guy!"

"Please Kelly..." He begged ignoring her words. She came up to up him and tried to kiss him but he pulled his face away. Her arms wrapped around his neck. He stayed still and she looked at him. "No..." He said grabbing her hands and putting them down.

"James..." She called his name almost desperately.

"Kel... I really love Rafi. Listen to my words. I love her. I never said I loved anyone and I am here telling you openly that I love a person."