Chapter 11

"We need to talk to Kelly." James said when he parked the car in front of Rafaela's college. They had distracted themselves and it was quite late and already dark. "She must know and from us. It's the right thing to do for three the us."

"I don't know how to talk to her..." She told him. "She's going to react badly. I know I would, and she has all the right to. I stole her boyfriend, how low is that!"

James cupped her face between his hands. "Don't blame yourself like that. We cannot be blamed, Rafi. No one can control feelings. We know how much we have struggled to stay away from each other."

"James...she will never talk to me again. I will lose her, and I can't even expect anything less than that. I feel like scum, honestly, but then I love you..." Her eyes flooded with tears. Rafaela was trapped. He brought his face close to hers and rested his forehead on hers.

"I know it's going to be hard for her, but with time she will understand. I think so...look...as bad as it sounds, it's better if we talk to her than she catches us doing something wrong. One day we'll slip, we'll leave traces and she's not dumb, she will realize what is happening."

"You're right with everything you're saying, but it costs me to tell her something like this!" Rafaela exclaimed.

"We do it together." James eased her. "It's even better if she hears it from both of us at the same time. I know it's hard...but we want to be together Rafi...we have to do it. I don't want to hide! I don't want to go out pretending you are just a friend a friend!"

"Neither do I." She also told him.

"So?" He asked kissing her lips.

"But not today ok? I am not ready." James nodded.

"When you're ready then." He said kissing her lips again, as it was their goodbye kiss they took longer, arms around each other while their slow and lazy kiss evolved. Then a loud punch on the window made them jump and they parted startled with such noise.

"YOU BITCH!" They heard. Rafaela turned around to find Kelly yelling outside insanely. She cried immediately and James got out of the truck.

"I KNEW IT! How could you?" Kelly talked to Rafi.

"I'm sorry..." Rafaela cried. "I'm sorry..." That was all she could say.

"I'm here for hours. I came here to look for you and found only your car. You were not to be found anywhere. Then I tried to reach James...no one knew where he was. I came back here and waited...nicely done Rafi. You just stabbed me on the back just like that!"

"Kel, please let us explain..." James pleaded coming closer to her. Kelly was really nervous.

"What is there to explain uh? That she seduce you not even caring if you are my boyfriend?" Kelly cried as well by then.

"She didn't seduce me Kel. Don't say that..." James tried to reason her.

"I want you out of my house. Out! I'm going to kill you, bitch!" Kelly ran to Rafaela but James tried to grabbed her from behind so she couldn't reach her friend.

"Don't even think about it." He told her gripping tight.

"You leave that place today! Better...don't even go there! Go there tomorrow to pick up your shit while I am not there and leave the keys. You hear me, Rafaela?" Kelly yelled and jerking trying to free herself from James's arms that imprisoned her. He held her strong and firmly.

"Let go of me!" Kelly yelled looking at him.

"No." He said firmly.

"It's worse if you don't let go of me!" Kelly yelled at him.