Chapter 71

Just like she had promised, on Monday, she came back to Tony's office. Rafaela knew he had given her more time free from meeting him than usual, maybe because he knew James was around and wanted to give them more time. Well, that time, she had some news and some great news.

James held her hand all the way inside, and then they sat side by side, still holding hands. He was a bit nervous because he knew by then that the police were already searching for clues in their old place, and he couldn't wait to be able to call the lawyer. When Tony appeared at the door to call her in, he thought that would be his chance.

"Come on Rafi." Tony called. She got up and kissed James's lips.

"I'll be here waiting." He said and she nodded.

Tony waved at James, while Rafaela got in and then closed the door. James pulled his cell off his pocket immediately.

"Hi. I'm just calling to see if there's anything new. Are they there?" James asked promptly.

"They're here yes, and I am here too following every step of the way. So far they haven't found anything, but it's been only a couple of hours, ok? They are going to talk to your in-laws after and their staff." The lawyer explained. "Be patient. Sometimes these thigs take longer than we think."

"Call me if anything new comes up." James asked him. "I am rather anxious and nervous too."

"Relax and enjoy your day, let us do our work. I'll call as soon as I can."

James hung up and put the cell back on his pocket, then leaned his head against the wall behind him and closed his eyes. That was moving him for sure, that and Rafi. His lips opened a smile and his eyes opened again. That was the time to give her the ring that has been waiting for her for three months. He knew now he could give it to her, so he needed to find some way to make it special. He just didn't want to pop up the question. He wanted it to be memorable for her. He wanted to rip the feet off the floor if possible.

Inside, Rafaela talked happily with Tony. He noticed how much progress he was seeing in her, even more than last time she had been there, some days ago. James was, in fact, doing wonders to her, Tony had no doubt.

"So, you guys are together now, and you were the one telling him you were still in love with him." Tony concluded from what she had been telling him.

"Yes. I mean... he had been asking me out. I couldn't stop thinking if we were dating, because it really seemed like we were, but he didn't say a thing. James just kept asking me out and taking me to places. I couldn't take it anymore..." Tony smiled, so that had been his technique, James had been quite smart. "We've had unprotected sex..." Rafaela blurted it out in a rampant.

"And?" Tony said waiting for her to continue.

"I don't know... we became afraid that I got pregnant, and we weren't sure if you would say I could or not. You know..." She said quickly quite embarrassed. Her cheeks flushing a little.

"You told James you were not on the pill right?" Tony asked just to be sure.

"Yes, I would never do something like that to him! He said he didn't mind..." Rafaela said.

"And you? Do you mind?" Tony asked her and she stayed silent. As usual, he looked at the time to see how long she would take to answer.

"I don't mind." She said firmly, 30 seconds after. That had been a quick answer from her.

"You want to be a mom again?"

"I want to be a mom again. I just don't know if now it's the right time. I mean, because we just got back together." She said a bit unsure. "I don't know..."