Chapter 69

While it was pouring rain outside, they snuggled in bed catching up on the time they have wasted. Rafaela had fallen asleep and James was turned on his left side watching her, playing with her hair, intertwining strands of it around his fingers. Ozzie was sleeping at their feet, even snoring which made James smile now and then, then one of Rafaela's arm fell on his waist and his eyes caught the scar on her wrist. He grabbed her hand softly in his and took it to his lips, kissing her palm, then he stared at the scar for a few seconds, still so vivid, it was hard not to notice it. He placed a soft kiss in there, closing his eyes and resting her palm against his cheek, then he kissed her scar again. As his eyes opened, she was looking at him, her eyes watered as she noticed his gentle caress the scar she was now so ashamed off and that it would never disappear.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered as she realized as that was also painful for him. He kissed her there again. Then he grabbed her other wrist and kissed the scar in there too.

"You don't have to be sorry, just be alright." He said with his voice choking and tears probing in his eyes. Her hand flew to his cheek and her thumb caressed his skin. "I am sorry I didn't notice how badly you were doing, Rafi... I should have..."

" No... none of this is your fault. I stopped taking the anxiety pills out of the blue and I couldn't do that. It had the reverse effect. No one knew about this, babe. I am alright. I swear I am alright. You know... when I left the hospital it was very weird to be outside, but the first thing I wanted to do when I stepped the street was to call you."

"Why didn't you?" He asked her, listening to her attentively.

"Because I was afraid of your reaction. I was afraid that you wouldn't forgive me after all I have said and done. I was afraid that you'd rejected me, and I didn't know how I would react if that happened. I missed you so much. You were the first person I wanted to see."

"I was waiting for you. I mean... I was really pissed off because I really thought that you had forbidden me to go there and I also thought that you didn't want to talk to me, but part of me was expecting you to look for me when you got out, then you didn't..." He sighed.

"And you thought I didn't care."

"I thought you had forgotten me." He said. Rafaela dragged her body close to his and kissed his lips softly.

"I never forgot you. There was a time, when I was still dealing with so much shit inside my head that I thought I did, but when I began to check back to reality I realized that I still loved you, and that scared me so much."

James smiled. "It doesn't matter now. We're here, you're here with me."

"I was struggling so much with my feelings." She giggled. "I wanted to tell you that I was still in love with you and didn't know how."

James rolled over her and kissed her lips softly. His hands caressed her hair and his gaze locked on hers, then he pecked her lips again, then again, and finally their lips united in a longer and languid kiss. Soon their bodies united in one, their gasps filled the air and moans broke the silence of the room. Their bodies united in love, slow and easy. Hands caressed their bodies, lips kissed countless times, until it all culminated in pure ecstasy, when their bodies surrendered to pleasure and groans replaced the soft moans that escaped their throats. After it all, after the rush of their orgasms, James rested on top of her gasping for air and her arms held him tight, and her lips kissed the top of his head, while his spread kisses on the sensitive skin of her neck. Yet, exhausted, it took them only a few minutes to restart it all, and they loved each other again, feeling their bodies giving in to exhaustion but their hungry love was speaking louder, and that one wasn't exhausted, it was just peaking.