Chapter 75

"What?" Rafaela mumbled, looking at him in disbelief. It was so obvious to her that he was not saying what he wanted to say. He just blurted what came up to his mind first that he got her confused. She looked at him puzzled and James began to babble.

"Look..." James grabbed a pamphlet, the paper shaking in his hand. Rafaela looked in his eyes, he couldn't stand that pleading gaze of hers. He knew she was not buying it. His hands shook even more. "They're showing that movie you want to see babe..." He said looking in her eyes, while they narrowed more and more.

He felt himself shrinking on the chair, he was blowing it all up. His voice shook, he spoke so fast that she could barely understand what he had just said. James gave her an awkward smile and her semblance lightened up a little, even making her giggle. He was dead nervous. That had got to be the most nervous he had been about something.

"James, stop!" She said ripping the paper of his hand and put it away, then she grabbed both his hands in hers. "Tell me what's going on. You're nervous! I can perfectly see that! You're speaking so fast that I barely understand what you're saying. You're even shaking!"

"I just wanted to go to the cinema and wasn't sure if you were up to it." He said shrugging. Clearly that wasn't a reason for him to be that nervous and he was such a terrible liar. She shook his head a little and then got up.

"Ok. Let's go to the cinema." She told him letting him have his time, and he got up too.

James paid the bill and they left. Though she tried to walk slowly and at a normal pace, James walked really fast, like he was electric. Instead of walking hand in hand with him normally, His pace was so rapid that he was just pushing her, making her almost run to be able to follow him.

"Ok... no... stop!" Rafaela came to halt and held his hand strongly to make him stop. "Are you gonna tell me what's going on or not?" She shot the question like that.

He froze looking in her eyes. No... not like that... "Rafi, please... it's freezing here. Let's talk inside." He pointed at the theater. Rafaela didn't say a thing. Instead, she made more pressure in his hand to let him know she wasn't going anywhere until she had an answer. "Ok!" He raised his tone. "It was the music! It was driving me insane! Satisfied now?" He came up yet with another excuse.

"Really, James? After all these years and you think you can fool me? You are still lying." She affirmed. "But if you don't to tell me, then fine!" With that, she began to walk while he stayed still just watching her going away. "Aren't you coming?" She asked then seeing he wasn't following her. "Don't you want to go to the cinema?" She said and turned her back on him again.

James opened his arms and looked up at the starry sky in despair. "Sweetie, I don't want to fight." He told her beginning to walk. "Good job, James! You, fucking pussy!" He muttered to himself, pissed off with him and no one else.

"I'm not fighting." She said calm when he arrived near her. "I just don't understand your reaction, that is all..."

"We better go, we have like 30 seconds before the movie starts." He said and she nodded.

James put an arm around her shoulders while watching the movie. It was definitely a movie more for her than for him. Some love story with a sad ending. He got touched by it, but he would never admit it. Still, he heard her sniffing really low and he knew she was crying. James smiled and bent over her to kiss her cheek.

"Are you crying?" He whispered in her ear and then kissed her cheek again. She giggled and began to clean her eyes, but then cried again and James began to spread kisses on her face sweetly. "Baby, it's just a movie." He said.