Chapter 92

James and Rafaela left the hotel in the middle of the morning, after having breakfast. It was still raining, just like the previous night. It had rain the whole night, keeping Rafaela awake for a couple of time while James slept by her side. She looked out at the window watching the blurred landscape by the rain that tapped on the glass. She was distant and thoughtful.

"Rafi..." James called her tapping a hand on her leg. His wife turned his head and offered him a smile. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing." She said.

"Come on... you've been quiet all morning." He insisted.

"I am a bit tired, that's all." She yawned. "I almost didn't have any sleep because of the rain."

"Talk to me." He held her hand and took it to his lips to place a kiss on it.

"I am just afraid. I am thinking about what she might think of doing next. I am afraid she tries to attack you or even me, who knows?"

"Don't think of that." He squeezed her hand in support, though what he really wanted to do that moment was to hold her tight against his body and kiss her. He knew that would put a smile on her face but then, the yellow car following them since the hotel was also distracting him.

James noticed that car since they had left but decided not to say anything not to worry her more. First he thought it was just a coincidence, but it had been quite some time and the car was still there.

"I try not to think of that James, but I can't!" Rafaela then exclaimed. She noticed his eyes on the rear mirror and she looked back, spotting the yellow car. "Do you know who that is?"

"No!" James said. "How am I supposed to know?" He muttered.

"You've been looking at it for quite some time. I noticed it."

"It's nothing. What time is the appointment?" He changed the subject for he knew that would make her smile again and light her up a bit.

"In half an hour, we still have time." She said.

"With this rain and traffic I don't know."

As James parked the car near the hospital door, he looked around to see if the other yellow car was there too, but it wasn't. Though James was sure he had seen it until they crossed the hospital's property, he was lucky enough to keep Rafaela distracted and she didn't notice it. By then he was sure that car had been following them, but with the rain, not once he could see the plate clearly.

"Mrs. Hetfield." The nurse greeted Rafaela as they entered the obstetrics department.

"Is the doctor free already?" Rafaela asked surprised as usually they had to wait a while.

"Yes! She had no one this morning, maybe due to the rain, some people called to postpone their appointments." The nurse explained with a smiley face.

"Let's go then." Rafaela smiled as she hated to wait.

At least that was a good thing in all that was happening to them. The doctor received them with a huge smile on her face as usual. Then she made the usual questions and examined Rafaela, finally she called James in for the ultrasound. He loved that part and the doctor could also witness how expectantly they always were looking at the monitor that showed the child they were expecting.

"She's getting too big now, so we cannot see her in her entirety anymore. But you know this already from the other pregnancy." The doctor explained.

"Yeah... we get to see her part by part now." James commented not taking his eyes off the screen.

Though they had been through that before, only after the doctor explained what they were seeing they'd recognize it.