Chapter 88

Rafaela entered the house a bit shocked. Kelly's last words put fear in her heart, she knew she was willing to hurt them again. It was so clear. Kelly was some person she had not yet met. She hadn't found any of Kelly's natural gestures, but those of a merciless person. A person willing to go far to get what she wanted. Rafaela sat on the couch and ran her hands over her jeans to clean the cold sweat that formed meanwhile. James rested his hands on his waist and looked outside. Rafaela knew he wasn't watching the garden, he was thinking, probably about the same thing she was. Ozzie ran from one side to another, from James to Rafaela and vice-versa, he wanted the attention none of his owners could give him that moment.

Then James turned around to her. "I think we need to tell the detective what happened here today." He said.

"You think?" Rafaela asked, though inside she thought they had to do something. James nodded at her question.

"I think we should. You saw her..." He pointed a hand outside as if she was still there. "...she was out of her mind. She's probably guilty as we've been thinking, and she's terrified the truth is gonna come out. God knows what she can do, and her last words were very explicit. That was threat Rafi!"

She looked in his eyes and they fell silent for instants, then she nodded her head. "I know... it was a threat indeed."

"So, I am gonna call the detective and tell him all about it. We might be in danger..." James said searching for the phone.

James talked on the phone for a while. Rafaela knelt on the floor playing with Ozzie and abstracted herself from the conversation. Soon, James joined them.

"He's coming here." James told her, grabbing Ozzie's head with both his hands and his thumbs caressed on the back of his ears.

"Coming here? I mean...?" She said with a million thoughts running inside her mind. "I wish she didn't have anything to do with this... really. What we did to her was awful. I know that. There is no excuse for it. But..." She choked thinking about Liam. "... killing Liam..."

"Don't fight this honey." James's hands left the dog and held her hands. "If he said he wanted to come here, I wasn't going to say no. He must know better than us."

"You're right." Rafaela got up. "I think I'm gonna go for a quick shower then." James nodded and stayed sat on the floor playing with the dog, that had grown up a lot in a month.

When she came back downstairs, he was already on the couch raiding the channels to watch some TV. His boots near the couch and his feet on it. Rafaela sat by his side, leaving the sleepers on the floor and putting the feet on the couch, just like him. James offered her his chest and she leaned against it gladly.

"How's the baby behaving?" He asked planting a kiss on the top of her head. The baby... what would Kelly do when she find out they were expecting another child. The thought kicked his mind fearfully, but he said nothing.

"Fine. So far so good. Well, and now with the medicines I won't feel so sick." She smiled. "I hate this part of being pregnant. This and the part where I am going to get fat."

"You're not gonna get fat. You didn't get fat when you were pregnant with Liam baby, only in your head you did. I mean, you put on a little weight, but it was nothing exaggerated." He said and she tapped his chest laughing.

"You do know how to cheer me up don't you?" She turned her head to look at him and James looked down at her and smiled. "A little weight... how nice of you..." Rafaela stretched her neck up and kissed his lips. "You..." She then pinched his nose. How she loved that man.

"I try." He said then with a grin.

"And you do a great job." She leaned back against his chest and James finally found some car show that he got interested in.