Chapter 86

Boston,

"James stop pacing around." Rafaela begged him as he had been doing so for the last half an hour. She was sat on the couch of the suite, watching him running his hand over his hair and walking in circles. He was extremely nervous.

"I can't..." He said. "He was supposed to be here already!"

"Maybe he's just late. Come on..." She grabbed his hand and pulled him down on the couch. "It's just to collect a sample of our hair, nothing else. It's not like he's gonna come here and drop some news. You're making me dizzy and the baby too." She ran a hand over her still flat belly, but he ended up smiling her tenderly.

"I'm sorry." He said placing a kiss on her forehead. "But I am getting really anxious. I need to find out the truth already. I have this feeling squeezing my heart so much. I need to find out what happened with Liam that day. I need it..." He began to sound desperate and his eyes filled with water. Rafaela pulled him to her and held him tight.

"James..." She whispered feeling rather surprised how broken and desperate he was with all that.

"I need to know what happened to him. I want justice done, one way or another." When he said that, she pulled away.

"Justice done the right way." She said looking in his eyes, but he shook his head.

"I don't know if I can stay quiet when I know someone hurt him..." His voice shook and choke in the end. "Rafi... you cannot just ask me to stay quiet..."

"What are you talking about?" She exclaimed and grabbed his face still within her hands. "I need you and I am pregnant; this baby is going to need you too... you can't do anything! You have to wait like anyone else, you hear me babe? I know it's hard. Think I don't want to jump on this person's neck and squeeze until it is finished? I do... I swear I do. We cannot do that... we have a child on the way. We have to remain calm even if it's so hard."

"Stay calm..." He said seeing she was nervous too. She was right, she was pregnant, last thing she needed now was to stay without him for some reason. He caressed her cheek and kissed her lips. "I'm sorry... it's just that... I rage inside so much. The more this investigation goes further the more I rage."

"You do think she's done it, don't you?" Rafaela asked and James looked away. Seven years of relationship with him were enough for her to recognize that gesture of his. It meant he didn't want to answer, because the answer would be yes. "God..." She whispered.

"I know it's hard to believe in that. After all it has been so many years, five years... but she lied when testifying, remember? I can't see anyone else who could possibly do anything to him."

"There's people hurting kids every day!" Rafaela exclaimed. "It could have been someone we don't even know."

"Someone we don't even know wouldn't go inside our property Rafi" There he raised his tone and then got up, standing right in front of her. "These predators are in parks, in places where moms take their kids to play, they don't go inside a property. They couldn't even know if there was a kid in there. The person that did this knew exactly what was going to find in there and had one goal and that was to hurt us, because taking him away from us would hurt us the most..." His eyes turned ice cold as saying this and then he silently stared at her. She felt a chill running up her spine, he was right.

"It's hard to believe she'd wait five years to revenge. I mean, she even got married..."

"I guess we have to wait..." He sighed.

"I'm hungry." She complained and he giggled.

"Do you want to order something? We're going out for lunch after this sort of meeting, but if you're hungry we can order something."