¦Chapter 2¦

~ Laila ~

We got back to class after the morning assembly which turned out to be fun. I sat down with Florence and she said some funny things to a group of boys and they laughed.

The boys seemed to be her fans, especially the senior boys. Different guys kept calling her name, giving her a wink, and smiling at her as we walked to the assembly.

"Let me tell you about our class." She said to me minutes after we sat down in the classroom. "SH2 ruby is not like the other classes in the school. Every class have its set of crazy student but this class has the majority of them. Over there is Peter and his boy band." She said pointing to a boy with curly hair. Some boys surrounded him as they talked and laughed.

Then she started introducing a few of the students telling me their names and what they are good at.

"... is Mary," Florence said, eyeing the young lady who was flaunting her new bag to her friends.

I could tell from my seat that it was an expensive handbag. It was a Chanel handbag. And the said girl seemed so proud, flaunting the bag to her friends who were gawking at it.

But one thing, I could say about the girl was that she was beautiful. Her skin was smooth and shiny and she had a nice figure.

"She acts like she is the queen of the school. Her aunty is the vice principal of finance. She is spoiled rotten and you don't want to mess with her and her rich girls' gang."

I noticed the spite in Florence's voice as she talked about Mary. Her statement seems to be quite biased. It seems they have some kind of beef between them. I don't know what that was, and I got a little curious so I asked.

"You don't like her?" I asked curiously and I hoped she didn't get angry at my inquisitiveness.

"Honestly," she drawled, turning to face me, "yes," she answered truthfully. "We are some kind of... competitors," she admitted reluctantly. "But she always steals the spotlight from me."

Now I understand why she despised Mary. But I didn't have a comment for that so I simply nodded my head that I got what she was saying.

Florence continued with her introduction and I listened intently.  Though I doubt I will remember half of all the information. But I listened anyway, telling myself to remember the important details.

Florence kept on talking about every person in the class and every crazy thing they had done at one time. I simply sat down, listening to every detail with keen interest and nodding to let her know that I was listening.

From all the information I got from Florence, I deduced that the group of students in my new class is one interesting set of people. And not just that, but like I knew without anyone informing me. They were all sons and daughters of wealthy men and influential women.

I kind of envy them though.

Then all of a sudden, the class went quiet and I looked away from Florence. Every eye was at the entrance of the class including Florence. I gave her a curious look before glancing at the others who were also staring in the same direction as Florence.

They were all gazing at the entrance of the classroom.

So I followed their gazes and it landed on someone in front of the doorpost.

Two boys just walked into the class. One was shorter than the other. The short one wore his uniform properly with big white sneakers on his feet. He was fair and I could guess he was an Igbo boy because of his facial features and body stature.