Chapter 69

Laila POV

The next day after the little practice we have in the class we went to the cafeteria to eat. I sat together with my friends Isabella and Mathias. I had miss eating with them and gisting while eating.

And once again, it is another thing I will miss about highschool. Eating, gossiping, laughing and talking with my friends - this particular ones - in the cafeteria.

"I have something to tell you guys." I said.

"I know there had to be something. You've been beaming since you came to school. And there is this spark in your eyes." Mathias said.

"Hey stop flattering me." I said to him rolling my eyes.

"He is not." Isabella support him. "So what is it?" She said in that usual way when you want to hear something confidential - gossip per say.

"Jason finally ask me to be his girlfriend." I said with a grin. I can tell without any one telling me that I was smiling like an idiot.

"At last!" Isabella said gesturing dramatically with her hands.

"That's not news Laila." Mathias said with a bored expression. "We know he will do it sooner or later."

"I have been waiting for ages for him to do so. So it's news." I said sneering at him.

"Yes it is. Don't mind him. So Laila how did he ask?" She said with a puppy eyes. And it make me smile.

I can see Mathias who pretend he don't want to know anything trying to hear what I want to say. But I pretend not to know not to notice and just focus on Isabella.

"Well, it was in my favorite place in the school."

"The swimming area?" Isabella asked with a raise brow.

"Gotcha. Yes. The swimming area. There. He was actually shy. He draw the words out in a notepad. But I ask him to ask me properly. It's not like I would eat him. And he did."

"I wonder how he looks like doing it. It must have been really cute."

"I'm here remember?" Mathias said a bit of jealousy lace in his voice. And we laugh making him roll his eyes.

"It's just cute. Just like when Mathias ask me out too." Isabella said.

"So it was cute." He asked with a proud look, now smiling at her.

"Yeah. But you were behaving like a little boy. You were acting a bit too stupid and funny." She said and she look at him to see his reaction.

His reaction was so funny and I fight the urge not to burst into laughter.

"What? That's not true. I wasn't stupid or shy or funny looking what so ever. I'm always cool."

"Uhmm? Well that wasn't the case with me. I almost felt like laughing with how you were behaving. " She said and she giggles.

And I join her.

"Izzy." Mathias groan.

She laugh at him mockingly.

"You should have seen how you look."

"But you said I was cute."

"Yeah but also shy." Isabella said.

I know she is doing it on purpose to get Mathias frustrated. She does it once in a while. She knows how to get to the guy good and bad side easily.

I watch as they both keep bickering, grinning all through. They were cute that way.