Chapter 56

LAILA POV

Today is finally Ivy birthday. That had been the major news on the school and class chat group on watsapp. I had no intention of going but Mathias want to go and Mary personally invited me to her best friend birthday. So I decided to accept the invitation.

I had ask Uncle Femi for permission and he agreed after making sure Mathias is going.

Yeah he knows about Mathias and Isabella and he like him the first day he saw him.

Isabella that doesn't attend school party had also promised she will be there. Well that was majorly because she want to be close with her boyfriend. She had planned to lie to her mom that we will be having a tutorial. And we ask if she was okay with it and she was.

The girl haven't have her freedom for a very long time. So I don't blame her if she want to lie to her mom. The woman can be so overprotective.

Since the party is in the afternoon and all evening, I had planned what to wear earlier when I wake up before going to do my house chores. But after doing my chores, I was so weak and I felt slightly dizzy.

I have been feeling this way for quite some time. I just take paracetamol and hope it will get better.

I had promised a few people that I will be there, so I have to go. I will get pass today.

Later that day, Mathias came to drive me to the hotel Ivy will be using for her birthday party. He had already pick Isabella up at school. We had plan on arriving late at the party.

"Laila are you okay?" Isabella asked me immediately I get inside the car, looking at me through the rear mirror.

I smile and nodded. "Yes. I'm fine."

She nodded and we talk for a while untill we get to the party.

The party was already packed with hormonal teenagers. Most of our class mates were already there in their beautiful and expensive dress.

Mine had no chance against them. Even the designer blouse that Isabella is wearing can buy my dress and wrist watch. But I don't hate what I wear either. It might be cheap but I can still felt eyes on me as I enter the hotel into the midst of all the crowd. They don't seem to be condemning it but they admire it.

There was loud music, twirling colorful lights, games among others. Foods and drinks were also supplus.

Everyone gather into different group playing different kind of games. Some were dancing and singing loudly with the song, some were eating and drinking discussing quietly among themselves. Some were just staring at the different groups while some were busy smooching one another on chairs and some at corners.

It looks like everyone was enjoying themselves one way or the other. Even Mathias and Isabella had gone to god-knows-where.

I sat on a couch feeling hot and dizzy but I try keeping myself awake by watching the different teenagers.

Ivy and her group were all in white dresses. But it was different dresses.

I was staring at a group playing truth and dare when I heard some girls that weren't my school mates whispering something to each other.

I look away from the group playing truth and dare and I saw Jason and Christian walk in looking around. Jason had his usual bored expression on him while Christian is all smile. He was already winking at a girl that wasn't our school mate.

They both wear identical black snug trousers and a beautiful white sneakers that look new. But Christain is wearing a fitted sky blue shirt that he roll up at the sleave while Jason wear a dark grey top with v neck under a black leather jacket.