¦Chapter 4¦

~ Laila ~

The rest of the day went well. Florence showed me the different parts of the school. She took me to the library - a whole building was used as the library and there were lots of books in them. Different books. I don't even think students used them. Except for the very serious ones of course. But the library was impressive.

There was also a project library where students' and teachers' projects were kept. She took me to the ICT, canteen, gym room, swimming pools P.E. classes and some other rooms even the empty ones.

It was fun being with her. She makes me laugh a lot. I also got to meet her boyfriend. He was a senior.

On our way home after the end of the school day, we saw Jason and the four boys that hung around him today during lunch.

I had avoided looking at him today in class. It was really hard to do so. I'm not the kind of girl that gets obsessed with handsome guys. I am too busy for that.

But he was different. I just wanted to look at him. But the way he looked at me when our eyes locked in the class earlier this morning, was really scary. The coldness and something else I couldn't decipher that was in his eyes - it crept me out a little.

But I wasn't sure if I wanted to hang out with a boy like that. And all the bad things Florence told me he did doesn't make me want to get any closer to him.

"He's hot, isn't he?" Florence asked.

I jerked my eyes toward her. She was looking at Jason and his goons. I stared at her like she was crazy. She was the one who told me things about him, things he did, and now she was calling him hot.

Although it is true.

Yeah, he is hot, cute, and handsome.

But really? From her? saying he is hot.

Even if it is true. She shouldn't talk like she was into him not after how she described him.

I hit myself on the head mentally. What do I know? It's not like I ever dated. I thought.

"What?" I asked, wide mouth open.

She smiled at me. "Jason is bad but it doesn't hide the fact that he is hot and handsome," she said, facing me. "Honestly, I had a crush on him when I first came. But he is a loner. And he never dates. Which girl will want to date a guy as arrogant and scary as Jason?" She rolled her eyes.

"Don't let his beauty get to you. He doesn't deserve any attention," she said flatly and looked away.

"I'm not giving him attention," I replied defensively.

She smiled, teasingly. "Of course, I know. Just warning you."

"Thanks."

When we got to the school gate she told me that she asked her driver to park outside the school gate so she could have more time with me. She suddenly turned to face me startling me.

"What about your ride?" she asked.

I was short of words. I don't know what to tell her. I could tell her I didn't have any, that I was going to take the public bus.

"I..I..I.."

"It's okay, Laila. I know you don't have any," she spoke confidently, and my heart fell. She noticed because she quickly added. "I know, but it's okay. You are still my friend."

I breathed out in relief. No one talked to me today except her. And she was very nice to me. I didn't want to lose her friendship. So I was more than relieved to hear that from her. And I smiled at her.