Chapter 52

Laila POV

The days had begin to pass like a series of image. Our final exam is drawing near. A lesson in preparation for the WASSCE examination is now taking place during the weekend too. The teachers and the school are so determined to make sure we come out in good grades.

Because it is obvious our set has a  history that can never be forgotten . Not that we are bad academically but the best and worst students in the history of the school are majorly in our set.

During our tutorial during weekends, we mostly come to school earlier than planned. Some of the boys played football before the first teacher arrives. The girl involved in their usual gossip or play games with the boys.

But sometimes we play truth and dare or chess or monopoly. I love monopoly. And since I am good at it. I play that a lot. And i am grateful there are girls that are good and love the game too. Because Mathias prefer chess. He is a master in chess.

One Saturday, after one of the morning class. Christain and some of his friends begin to sing Shape of You and others join them in it. While waiting for the next teacher to arrive, we sing different songs and it was melodious and beautiful.

While some of the boys sang in bass and drum the tables, the girls sing along. Even Mary and her gangs that act all perfect join in the song.

It was later I realised that I hadn't seen Jason all day. I excuse myself from the group and went out of the class.

Jason is sitting on one of the study table that is under the tree. His headphones is on his head as usual - probably listening to Enya. And he is drawing on a big sketch pad. A small white transparent box is on the table and it contain different colour of drawing pencils or crayon. I don't really know.

Well, I don't know anything about drawing.

I walk up to him and I hit the table lightly.

He look up and then pull the headphone down from his ear before turning it off.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi." He replied. And he tap the chair beside him. And I sit beside him.

"You did not attend the class this morning. Why?" I asked.

"I wake up late. Christian had to leave me." He explained. "And I know Miss Samuel is not in school yet for the second period."

I nodded.

"Okay."

"So how are you?"

Its kind of nice to hear him ask.

I smile and replied. "Great. How are you too?"

"I'm fine. It's a beautiful morning to draw. The inspiration comes very early today. " He said with a small smile playing on his face.

"So what are you drawing?" I asked moving closer to him. He look at me like I am some little girl and smile before taking the Sketch pad that he lay on the table. He stand it in front of him and the sight is awesome.

He is drawing an Elffer tower. An elffer tower with a sun at the side radiating on the top of the tower. But he drew something different. At the bottom of the tower are plants with beautiful white flowers.

The drawing look so realistic.

And it is......

Magnificent.

"This is..... Awesome. It's beautiful. I didn't know you could draw so perfectly as this. It is very beautiful. I don't know..." I said, my voice trailing of.