Chapter 25

~ Laila ~

I just finished with swimming practice. I'm so happy that I scored nine over ten for my swimming. Senior Ella had told me I am doing very well and I learning pretty fast. I can now perform the backstroke, front crawl, breaststroke, elementary backstroke and sidestroke. I only have butterfly and combat side strokes to learn but I will learn them soon. I have a good teacher.

I went to my locker to take my sweatshirt and pant. I don't feel like putting on my uniform again. So I fold my uniform in my bag and I went to take a shower. I change into my school sweatpants and sweatshirt after taking a shower. While dressing I notice I had dropped my bracelet.

I felt like a part of me has been taken away. I can't lose the bracelet. Florence had sent the bracelet to me. She has the identical type and I don't know how I'm going to tell her that I lost it. It is barely up to two weeks since she sent it.

I'm not that careless. I can't lose it. I search the floor of the bathroom to see if it fell on the floor. It wasn't anywhere in the bathroom. So I went back to the swimming area. I was grateful the light is still on. So I search every part of the swimming area I had been to today. The water is clear enough for anyone to see through and there is nothing of the sort in the water. I search my locker but it isn't there either. There is only one place left to check.

The classroom.

I didn't go to the library today because I was busy doing my project that I need to submit before the examination. It determine if I was to graduate into SH3. So it should have dropped in the class.

I quickly walk back to the classroom. There are only a few people left in the school and I don't want to get my aunt worried. She seems overly concerned nowadays.

I walk into the class before I notice someone sitting at the desk close to the entrance of the class. It happens to be Henry's seat. I turn around to see Jason looking at me like I just grew a horn.

What is he still doing in school?

But why are you still at school? My subconsciousness asked me.

I was doing something important to me but he doesn't look like he is doing anything - order than listening to music and tapping the unknown on his phone.

"What are you still doing at school?" He asked.

I didn't give him a reply as I search for my bracelet. I saw it on Mathias's table and I suddenly sigh in relief. I smile as I pick up the object and wear it back on my wrist. I turn it around my wrist. A habit I had develop since I receive the gift.

"I just ask you a question," Jason said again.

I had forgotten that he is in the room. I turn around to look at him. I give him a small smile and said.

"What are you too still doing in school?" He glares at me.

"I remember I ask the question first." He said looking at me. I roll my eyes. He hasn't talked to me since the time in the gym room. I felt like sometimes he wants to but then decide against it.

My pride also didn't make me speak with him. I was hurt by his cold reply. So to avoid such a thing from occurring again, I ignore him.

Although it was hard. But I did.

"I was doing a tutorial for Mathias and went swimming practice after that," I answered. Why am I even explaining to him?

I walked toward the door. I stopped and turn back to him.

"Now it is your turn to answer my question," I said looking him directly in the eyes. His eyes hold no coldness today. It is just that brown colour but I can see that he is amused.