Chapter 62

Laila POV

I sluggishly dress into my sport wear and went outside to walk to the bus stop. I hail a taxi and he drove me to school. I didn't even know when he get to the school gate.

He had to wake me from my thoughts giving me a look of concern. I just thank him and give him his cab fee before coming down from the car.

The security men on duty at the gate ask if I was okay since I didn't give them my usual greeting and comments about one or two things about them.

"I'm okay. Just nervous." I told them.

"You are not the type that get nervous." One of them said.

I just give a force smile.

"Just be careful o Laila. Good luck with your exam." They said as I walk away. I nodded without turning back to answer them like I use to.

I'm not really in the mood for cheerful conversations.

I sat in the class alone after the yoruba exam. I barely know what I write in the paper. Thanks to Mrs Bolarin that notice my mood and ask the Yoruba teacher to help me out. I'm sure I will have submitted an empty answer booklet.

I went back to the classroom after talking to Mrs Bolarin and Mr Falade. And I am glad no one is there. Everyone is scattered either in the hall or around the school compound.

I was still there in my thoughts when Jason walk in.

He stood in my front and stare at me for a long time.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked and then smile.

He said nothing and he sit beside me on Mathias seat.

"Are you okay Laila? You don't look so good."

"I'm fine." I told him.

"You don't look like it. You look like something is bothering you. Did something happen?" He asked curiously.

"I'm just a little confused. But I am fine." I assure him.

"You're sure?"

I nodded. "Uhmm."

"If anything is bothering you, you can tell me okay." He said.

I shake my head.

I am not trying to hide things from him or lie to him. But I don't need him to be worrying about me. He need to clear his mind from his own things and telling him my own problems isn't the way to help him do that.

He have a problem of his own that he need to handle.

Like he had to talk to his mother. To tell her how he truly feel and what he needs her to do. And he hadn't done that. He still needs time to think and to swallow his pride to do it.

I will tell him about my parents later. Not now.

"Okay." I replied.

"Better. I had to leave early. My grandparents and cousins are coming over today. I don't want to keep them waiting." He explained.

"That's okay." I told him truthfully. "I'm going to swim later. I have miss the feeling of been in water."

He chuckles. "Okay. It actually been a while since I last saw you swimming. It's sad I won't see you in your swim suit." He said with a smirk.

I smack him playfully on the arm. Boys are all the same. I know he likes staring at my body when I am in my swim suit.

Its kind of annoying but I like it too.