Chapter 29

~ Jason ~

"That was so surprising Jay," Christian said. He smiles.

Why the hell is he smiling? What is so funny? I thought and I unconsciously suck in my lower lips into my mouth.

I am beginning to feel the pain. I didn't feel it when he punch me. But now I am feeling it. And deep down, I regret I didn't break a bone in his body for touching me.

That guy is so lucky. Because he actually has a good reason for giving me that punch.

And unfortunately, I deserve it.

"I was worried you will break his head. What change Jay?" Christian asked. He is still trying to suppress a smile.

I stay quiet.

"To be honest Jay, I don't think I know who you are anymore. The Jason I know won't have let that guy go. Although, I like it. It's a good start for you in controlling your anger. But tell me, Jason, why did you let him go without breaking his face?" Christian asked. I can see he is very anxious and curious to know.

" Why? " I asked with a little smirk. "Am I so predictable? Or do you want me to break Mathias's face? "

" Of course not. I would be so angry because he will be a mess when you and George are done and I won't be able to stop both of you from damaging that boy's cute face. " He said." But you actually stop George. It is the first time it ever happens. You have never hesitated to create trouble and pain."

It is kind of annoying to hear him say that but he is right.

" I let him be because I deserve it. "I answered his question looking out through the window at the familiar road of Lagos.

" Remember what he said? " I asked without looking at him.

I know he is trying to remember what Mathias had said after blowing me.

" That's for what you did to her. That's for hurting her. Yes...that is what he said." Christian turn abruptly and asked." Who is her?" Who is she? Who do you hurt?"

"Someone," I replied.

Laila.

I hurt Laila. I thought.

I know I do.

So I deserve every punch Mathias gives me. He is Laila's closest friend aside from the other quiet girl in the class Isabella. He is very close to her since Florence left so I assume she told him everything. She told him about her feeling and how I lied to her and hurt her and probably how I deny my feelings.

I know I touched a crucial part of her when I lied because I saw the tears that swell in her eyes and she never came back to class today.

Mathias is either a very good and loyal friend to her for blowing me just for me to pay for hurting her. He dares to do that to me for her. He never did such a thing. He didn't even dare to defend his brother and his best friend.

I always thought of him as quiet, soft and sometimes too dull.

But it seems I'm wrong. His hand was strong and he can really get mad. He is not as stupid as I thought.

Or maybe he likes Laila.

Just the thought irritates me and makes me angry.

Mathias likes Laila.

It makes me angry.....but also what right do I have to be angry. I'm not ready to fight for my feeling. I'm not even good enough for her.

"If you think you deserve it, then you actually deserve the punch." He chuckles sadly. "I just hope one day you will open up to me like you used to. You've changed a lot in the last few months. I know there are a lot of things you are hiding from me. I just hope you could trust me enough to confide in me. You are my best friend and I'm always here for you. " Christian said. I can hear the hint of sadness and disappointment in his voice. And I suddenly regret keeping some things from him.

He doesn't deserve any of it. He is a good friend. He has always been patient with me and he is ready to help me for any damn thing in the world.

"I know. Thank you." I said quietly.

He looks at me and pats me gently on the arm.

"It's okay. Just remember I'm here. I got your back." He gave a small smile.

I know he does. He always has been. I wish I could be better just for him.

I promise to tell him everything as soon as possible. Maybe he could help.

"Thank you, Chris," I said again. I don't know why I repeat it but I do. He looks at me confused but he smiles and nods.

I think I'm changing. Everyone keeps saying that but I think I'm beginning to see why. I'm beginning to notice some soft spots that I have never admitted to. My emotions are beginning to change.

Imagining myself telling Christian thank you twice in less than five minutes. I even stop my friend from beating the hell out of someone today.

I think something is wrong with me. And it's all because of one person. It begins with one person.

One person.

I am going crazy from this......different and unusual me.

****

A/N: This chapter is a little short but I hope you enjoy knowing how Jason feels. He is pitiful. He doesn't even understand his own life. I think he is trying to be........

Don't let me spoil the fun. Keep reading. Thanks for also reading.
Don't forget to vote.
Heart ♥ you all.